x13 slow!

BruceKC

I have an evga 2070 graphics card with 8gb of memory, AMD Ryzen 7, 8 core processor and 16gb of ram.  When I'm trying to do a roof plan with a perspective full overview on the split screen, the whole computer is unbelievably slow....GPU is running near 97% most of the time.  Is there a trick to this?  I think my computer far exceeds chief's recommendations.  Need help if anyone has an answer.  Thanks!!!

11 minutes ago, BruceKC said:

Mick,  I'm using technical view.  I'll check on the update.  Thanks.

PBR can cause the GPU to continue to run if Live Samples are not capped , I don't think TI has that Issue , of course if you are rotating the view etc it will need to be updated. does Vector View have the same issue?

People would likely need your plan to test with 

I doubt the update will help it is pretty small by the look of it and mainly for mac users.

You might want to review this tech article:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00521/troubleshooting-slowness-in-chief-architect-plans.html

You might also want to post your plan (using the Backup Entire Plan tool) to see if others are experiencing the same slowness with their configurations.  You should probably post an example of what you are doing and exactly how long it takes on your system so they have something to compare with because "slow" is a very subjective term.

If all else fails, you may also want to contact technical support for more help.

• 4 weeks later...