Corner cabinet with different depths.

ericepv

My current kitchen project has a corner cabinet holding a cook-top. The cabinets to the left are 24" deep and the cabinets on the right are 30" deep. I don't see an option to specify the different depths nor can I just drag one end to match he adjoining cabinet. Any thoughts?

IMG_0792.jpg

26 minutes ago, ericepv said:

My current kitchen project has a corner cabinet holding a cook-top. The cabinets to the left are 24" deep and the cabinets on the right are 30" deep. I don't see an option to specify the different depths nor can I just drag one end to match he adjoining cabinet. Any thoughts?

IMG_0792.jpg

Usually it is just a standard 24" depth cabinet that is held out away from the one wall for some reason.  Use Cad lines at 24" and 30" to represent placement.  Place your 45 degree cad line to the width you want then you have your placement points.

I don't think there is an easy way to model a corner cabinet with two different depths.  You can model one with two different widths but I don't think that will help in this case.

It's pretty easy to simply place a normal corner cabinet or rotate a standard cabinet into the corner as long as you don't mind some dead space behind it.  In the pictures below, I just used 3 base cabinets and positioned them using point-to-point move, no cad lines needed.  I also converted the auto counter tops into a custom one to hide the space behind the corner.  It's really just a matter of which method most closely matches what you will actually build.

corner cabinet.png

corner cabinet 2.png

• ericepv changed the title to Corner cabinet with different depths.