Screen issue with multiple windows open

Gawdzira

1. What do you use for screen capture? I did this video with Loom and I am already not in love with this software since I could not save locally.

2. I have serious craziness with this file. I am updated on video card drivers and the latest version of X13. I am getting a twin of my window when multiple windows are open. Also, this file has crashed multiple times when I am viewing a perspective camera view. Just freezing and locking up the window. I was able to close the 3d view a few times but then the file just locked and I had to do a hard kill.

I will be doing a restart of the cpu to see if I can replicate this. Video of my screen capture below.

https://www.loom.com/share/99276df463144a6f95365c6842ff757d?sharedAppSource=personal_library

Here is the plan file. I just reopened it and tried to work again. This time, when trying to take a perspective view and tile to a 3rd window, crash. I am wondering if it is the single monitor. It is an LG HDR 38" curved monitor. Although, I was not having these problems before the last X13 update. Sloppy model is a work in progress.

AND ADU v9d.zip

Sorry I could not reproduce the mirrored view issue but I have an older system that may not be so prone to some of the glitches you guys are experiencing.  I could not quite see all of the other views you had open but found the applicable elevations.

I record with OBS. It is pretty robust software and can do quite a bit but the setup is not quite as friendly as some of the other options out there but quite easy to use once you get it dialed in.

I've had this several times, have sent in , not easily reproduceable. Also get lock ups when a perspective and an elevation are side by side or on two screens. Lock up occurs most often when changing or editing materials. About to send that in again since it occurs more often; am just checking for software conflicts first.

2 hours ago, Gawdzira said:

Also, it appears to be related to having the Layout open. I was able to work efficiently with no Layout file open. As soon as I opened the layout file with tiled windows, frozen (but no Olaf for comic relief).

I was told by support that I needed to pause my OneDrive sync while using Chief… that is what they think is causing chief to freeze up.

Seems to work so far.

14 minutes ago, parkwest said:

I was told by support that I needed to pause my OneDrive sync while using Chief… that is what they think is causing chief to freeze up.

Seems to work so far.

Generally it is not a good idea to have the Chief Data Folder on a Cloud Drive as it can cause issues due to syncing....

This can be an issue on MAC (iCloud) and Windows Computers as some Manufacturers are now putting (My) Documents Automatically in the Cloud for Users, eg I have seen several new Dell Computers doing this recently.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-03116/resolving-unexpected-behavior-on-a-mac-by-redirecting-the-data-folder.html

2 hours ago, parkwest said:

Wish it were that easy. I do not use OneDrive at all, and nothing syncs to it or anything else, all files for Chief are on the main drives.  I do use DropBox but no files in use ever sync to it, I always place copies of files there with no links to original.

Yes Alan, layout makes it worse but doesn't appear to be a requirement to lock up if working on a file long enough.

1 hour ago, MarkMc said:

Wish it were that easy. I do not use OneDrive at all, and nothing syncs to it or anything else, all files for Chief are on the main drives.  I do use DropBox but no files in use ever sync to it, I always place copies of files there with no links to original.

Yes Alan, layout makes it worse but doesn't appear to be a requirement to lock up if working on a file long enough.

I had that issue with google drive sync even though I do not use it for chief.  It was running in the background and it caused this issue.  Not running and no issues.

• Upvote 1

I don't have one drive running-ever. I do occasionally have DropBox running so will see if that makes a difference. Don't understand why since it only syncs to one folder which: never has changes made on my computer, so nothing to sync,  but will give it a shot.

I unfortunately need to retract my previous statement that it does not seem to be happening to my older system.

On 9/11/2021 at 6:30 AM, MarkMc said:

I've had this several times, have sent in , not easily reproduceable. Also get lock ups when a perspective and an elevation are side by side or on two screens. Lock up occurs most often when changing or editing materials. About to send that in again since it occurs more often; am just checking for software conflicts first.

I had a lockup (SEH) while using the delete surfaces tool on a second monitor.  Quite annoying.:(