I've created an Iron Modern Double Door Entry System!

John_B

Another contribution to this great Commmunity! It took me 1/2 a day to create a Modern Double Entry System for a Client and so here you have it! Enjoy!

Since I'm not an Expert at this I couldn't figure out how to create a fuller Symbol with door swing lines or how to add the "Door Opening Surround I used to create a door with exteior and Interior Molding like the finished product has....maybe one of you Experts can Tutor me lol!

The top pic shows the door in the wall, the next pic shows the Symbol Exported and the last pic shows what I would like it to look like as a Symbol but couldn't get this view with the door swings.

OrthoWall.jpg

Ortho.jpg

Plan View.jpg

Modern Iron Enrty Doors.calibz

• John_B changed the title to I've created an Iron Modern Double Door Entry System!
2 hours ago, John_B said:
Another contribution to this great Commmunity! It took me 1/2 a day to create a Modern Double Entry System for a Client and so here you have it! Enjoy!

Since I'm not an Expert at this I couldn't figure out how to create a fuller Symbol with door swing lines or how to add the "Door Opening Surround I used to create a door with exteior and Interior Molding like the finished product has....maybe one of you Experts can Tutor me lol!

The top pic shows the door in the wall, the next pic shows the Symbol Exported and the last pic shows what I would like it to look like as a Symbol but couldn't get this view with the door swings.

Ortho.jpg

What you saved to the Library and Exported is actually an Architectural Block not a Symbol, ( drop into a new plan to check it)

once it is a Symbol ( convert it ) you should be able to use the CAD Block you show as the Symbol's CAD Block

by assigning it to the Door using Open Symbol>CAD Block Tab.

** If you convert it to a Door Symbol ( door's are parametric ) you can't control the CAD block but can still place the cad block Manually.

and maybe the easiest way to handle this particular Door to get the Round/arched Hole in the Wall.

Mick.

1 hour ago, Kbird1 said:

What you saved to the Library and Exported is actually an Architectural Block not a Symbol, ( drop into a new plan to check it)

once it is a Symbol ( convert it ) you should be able to use the CAD Block you show as the Symbol's CAD Block

by assigning it to the Door using Open Symbol>CAD Block Tab.

** If you convert it to a Door Symbol ( door's are parametric ) you can't control the CAD block but can still place the cad block Manually.

and maybe the easiest way to handle this particular Door to get the Round/arched Hole in the Wall.

Mick.

Sorry, changed it to Interior Symbol...when I tried Door Symboll it looks like a garage door in the plan view.

12 minutes ago, John_B said:

when I tried Door Symbol it looks like a garage door in the plan view

Setting it to Fixed , not Auto in the Symbol Options , should fix that.

image.thumb.png.ea1691179648263e31ce93b7ce9c665e.png  image.thumb.png.26ed9d218b21294441e05e900f603239.png

Once you place it in a new plan you need to set the height to 152" ( will pick up default 80")  and set the Arch to Broken at 32"

Arched Front Entry Door.calibz

** see note in my 1st post 

1 hour ago, Kbird1 said:

Setting it to Fixed , not Auto in the Symbol Options , should fix that.

image.thumb.png.ea1691179648263e31ce93b7ce9c665e.png  image.thumb.png.26ed9d218b21294441e05e900f603239.png

Once you place it in a new plan you need to set the height to 152" ( will pick up default 80")  and set the Arch to Broken at 32"

Arched Front Entry Door.calibz 4.52 MB · 3 downloads

** see note in my 1st post 

Can you please save to Chief X12, I can't read the new file, thanks

13 minutes ago, John_B said:

Can you please save to Chief X12, I can't read the new file, thanks

What did it say? pretty sure I used X12 as I saw it in your Sig.  ...try the ones below as the plan is definitely in X12

I actually think you would be better off just making the Door a symbol ( no frame or transom)

and installing it into a Hinged Auto Door Frame and configure from there....

image.thumb.png.d53ceaa6fdbb045cda2bb4337c90ccd1.png     image.thumb.png.aaaf9e84bc27c9255dc006dac375cb2d.png

Front Entry Door - Half Circle Motif.calibz

Arched Front Entry Door.calibz

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

What did it say? pretty sure I used X12 as I saw it in your Sig.  ...try the ones below as the plan is definitely in X12

I actually think you would be better off just making the Door a symbol ( no frame or transom)

and installing it into a Hinged Auto Door Frame and configure from there....

image.thumb.png.d53ceaa6fdbb045cda2bb4337c90ccd1.png     image.thumb.png.aaaf9e84bc27c9255dc006dac375cb2d.png

Front Entry Door - Half Circle Motif.calibz 4.27 MB · 4 downloads

Arched Front Entry Door.calibz 4.52 MB · 3 downloads

Perfect, thanks!