macro for picture window with flank casement

DenisePac

I would like to create label macro to auto-display dimensions for a picture window with flank casement unit.  i.e. label  20-4040-20; referencing 2' wide left and right casements with 4' wide center fixed. 

Also would like a macro to identify the DESCRIPTION in the window schedule for this type of window as...  (i.e.).....  PIC W/ FLANK CS -  LHL/RHR

Trying to prevent having to manually create 36 different user windows if possible, but also reference the label and description accurately while still using macros where applicable and useful.

Any ideas?

1 minute ago, DenisePac said:

I'm using the triple casement

Okay, in that case, what you're after is totally possible.  How proficient are you with custom macros?  If you know what you're doing you can parse and combine information from the following name:value pairs:

width (returns the total window width)

height (returns the total window height)

component_section_size (returns the size of the flanking units unless set to zero in which case unit is divided into 3 equal sections)

automatic_description (returns the window type_name followed by a description of the sections and their hinging)

If you're not proficient with writing your own custom macros, that is a service I offer and I would be happy to help you, but I'd need to know a few more specifics with regard to how you like other window labels to display.  Shoot me over an email to alaskansons@gmail.com if you'd like to discuss further.  In the meantime, the information is all there so its definitely doable.

I found three out of the four you're referencing. Not able to find the %component_section_size% name or value when I select the window object, open the Ruby console and then type owner.names. I don't see it in the list.  Nor could I find it using a text box and the  "object properties" macro.  I'm familiar with macros and Ruby language in general but haven't created custom macros yet.

4 minutes ago, DenisePac said:

I found three out of the four you're referencing. Not able to find the %component_section_size% name or value when I select the window object, open the Ruby console and then type owner.names. I don't see it in the list.  Nor could I find it using a text box and the  "object properties" macro. 

Ah, I see now that you're back in X12.  That name:value pair is new to X13.