What determines how high your first floor is above ground level?

Markenbach

Go to solution Solved by Chopsaw,

So, Im trying to figure out what determines this dimension:

image.png.a49709023009116b710980437e609677.png

right now, my house is basically one 'step height' above ground level

Im trying to match this design (this some modification):

image.png.bf63b1e2d9ef6e16fe1e1ed19ba37199.png

currently, its just sitting just above ground level

image.thumb.png.cc20e2d18f3a2e1bfc5540f373b8fbe4.png

As per usual, I just dont know enough about CA and architectural terminology to even know what im looking for.

Ah ha!

Thank you. I was thinking the terrain level would be determined by the house specs, not the other way around, so I was looking in the wrong place.

Thanks for your time. The more I figure out, as far as terms and such (so much terminology to learn), the more I'll be able to use the search function effectively. 

Also thanks to Solver for the 'How To' for my signature! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Markenbach said:

I was thinking the terrain level would be determined by the house specs, not the other way around

It is determined by the house specs.  You set the Terrain how far below the House main floor (0 point.) you want it.

22 hours ago, Markenbach said:

Thank you. I was thinking the terrain level would be determined by the house specs,

Kind of..... Chief uses the Floor Structure Hgt + 6" or 8" if it is left on Automatic in the Terrain Spec. DBX......

pg 1172    X13 Manual

The program automatically positions Floor 1 a set distance above the terrain. To do this, it first finds the center point of the
building footprint. Then, it determines the elevation of the terrain at that point. Finally, it adds the thickness of the floor
platform to this value. If a foundation is present, it also adds the thickness of any sill plates plus either 6” (150 mm) or 8”
(200 mm) depending on the foundation type. The resulting value, referred to as the automatic Subfloor Height Above
Terrain, is how far the default height of Floor 1 is above sea level in the current plan.