Two houses on one terrain - levels of buildings

owenplum

Most would probably suggest you only have one building in a plan.  In a separate plan bring in the other building or even both buildings as a symbol(s).  I frequently have more than one building in a plan, but it does get more complicated when they're at different levels, and depending on various modeling complexities, may not be worth trying to do without going to the symbol approach. If you wan to try doing it in one plan, then in the structural panel, you need to adjust everything for one of your buildings in relation to the other building.  So if one of the buildings is supposed to be 24" higher than your primary building, then you need to set it's floor 24" above whatever you have the other floor set at.  Any shown terrain relationship to floor height is only going to be for one of the buildings, you need to manually work it out.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DzinEye said:

I guess you can start with this  https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00809/converting-an-object-into-a-symbol.html
Also search the forums for references to this topic, it has come up many many times.

Thanks, I have created the symbol and it is working great or placements and altering heights on the terrain, but how can i pretty up how the symbol looks as a footprint on the survey?

symbol.pdf