Cursor problem

RGWhite

When I am in an elevation and try to draw a box or polyline the cursor stops or is very jerky.  I can not control the movement of it.  Never had this problem with x12.  I am using x13.  Is this a bug?  Anyone else have this problem?

The mouse is a "logitech)  I'm not sure of the model but it works fine in all applications of the program.  It's just when I try to draw a box or polyline in an elevation.  No render view, just a 2d section elevation.  When I try to place a polyline solid in elevation it does the same thing.  I have had to resort to using x12 to draw (boxes/polylines) in elevation, which works fine.  I tried to draw with nothing in elevation (just blank) and it still does it.

What I do is timber framing and have found it best to put my brackets in when in elevation/section.  Same with girts, collar ties, etc.

38 minutes ago, RGWhite said:

No render view, just a 2d section elevation

Elevations are still 3D in Chief , they just look like 2D CAD..... you don't have any hardware details in you signature , but it is possibly a VideoCard Driver Issue

I have a 3080 and am still seeing lots of flickering and corruption in 2D views....

M. 

Wow exactly why I just signed on. X13 was working fine except for little quirks like change my 8x8 doug fir posts to bronze or randomly changing a polyline solid back to concrete. Annoying but easy fix. I'm working on an extensive timber frame. Cut a back clipped section to modify rafters and beams and BAM. Cursor works fine until I highlight a CAD item I'm modifying before converting to solid and the cursor becomes unlivable. Slide over to another monitor with the plan up and everything normal.....PITA 

I went through many of the posts relating to this and came across a post from renerabbitt about the cursor jerking etc.He said trouble with the cursor is typically not the mouse but the graphics card. Sho enuf NVIDIA released an update 8/31/2021. All better. Once again you da man Rene!

1 hour ago, richoffan said:

I went through many of the posts relating to this and came across a post from renerabbitt about the cursor jerking etc.He said trouble with the cursor is typically not the mouse but the graphics card. Sho enuf NVIDIA released an update 8/31/2021. All better. Once again you da man Rene!

That's what I said 3 posts above :)

and posted this on Tues.

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/16205-nvidia-drivers-updated/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-251107

Mick.