Primary Contour Labels

CreekMan

Hello all,

Is there a way to control the frequency/location of labels on the primary contour lines ? I have a lot that has a sizeable amount of irregular grade change but Chief only seems to put the labels in one spot which is hard for my geotech to trace what elevation is where on the other side of the lot.  FYI, I am exporting a dwg for him which doesn't save the elevation information of the contour line.  Thoughts ?  Do I need to manually enter them where I want them ?

Thanks, Glenn.

grading plan.dwg

• Downvote 1

Hi CreekMan,

Is this what you are talking about? 

Select the layer than change the font size and color in the Active Layer Display Options.

You can select each individual elevation number and drag it to where you like if they are in a bad spot. 

Terrain Text.PNG

Here's one little trick I know of:

Before exporting, you can create one or more Terrain Holes to bisect the contour lines.  Just make the Terrain Holes so that they're super super narrow (0.01" should do it) and so that they visually look like a simple line.  Those terrain holes will cause different contours to generate on each side of the "line" and therefore you'll get an extra set of labels.  Just turn the layer off before exporting, OR once the labels are generated, simply create a CAD Detail From View, group select the extra labels, paste hold position back in your view, and then delete the Terrain Holes.