How to move a kitchen sink toward the front of sinkbase cabinet

GeneDavis

Go to solution Solved by Kbird1,

What's the trick to this?  I placed a Kohler sink, it plops into the center front to back, and I need it a couple inches toward the front. 

I opened the symbol and changed the origin, and the sink moves, but how does one get the cutout to move?  Oh, and how does one get the cutout to match the Kohler spec with round fillet corners?  This one came in with square corners.

Going into CAD block management, I open the block for the sink, and there are two almost identical perimeter polylines one sitting atop the other, that seems to be the perimeter, and both have corner fillets.  The proper cutout for this sink is a concentric offset polyline to get the sink hole almost in line with the vertical faces of the sink.  You know the drill.

Guidance is appreciated as always.

2021-09-02 11_55_15-Chief Architect Premier X13.png

Edited by GeneDavis

• Solution
6 hours ago, GeneDavis said:

Oh, and how does one get the cutout to match the Kohler spec with round fillet corners?  This one came in with square corners.

54 minutes ago, robdyck said:

A custom countertop is the only way.

Sorry missed the 2nd part of the question this morning.....

there is a KB Article for the technique on "fixing this issue" , it seems the Elkay Sinks aren't the only ones with this problem.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-01203/creating-a-custom-sink-hole.html

M.   

Thanks, everybody!  I got by for now doing the simple select-then-drag, which worked.

But back to the symbol and it's "cut hole" thing.  This particular Kohler from the bonus Kohler library (I'll come back with ID) has a not-right hole-cut polyline.

I recall getting this three or four releases ago and learning how to edit it, but haven't gotten the skill back.  I thought it was something in the CAD block.