Global Line Style Scale

KellySantaRosa

For some reason the scale of the stock line styles is way beyond the proportions which I am working. My scope tends toward moderate residential buildings in the 1000-2000sf range and the various lines for electrical connections, framing members or plumbing supply have dashes and text that are either too large or not clearly defined within the given lengths. For the time being I have been creating new styles that are copies of those existing but with the all the figures quartered, giving the text a height of 1/32" instead of 1/8", for example. I have even been tempted to have some even further reduced down to a 1/64 which seems to apply even though CA displays the lowest minimum fraction of 1/16".

Redefining all the line styles to a reduced size for a scale it would seem CA is designed for has me convinced I am missing a crucial global scale that I can set lower to accomplish all this work in one adjustment. Does anyone else have this problem of the line scales being out of proportion?

Turning on print preview will show you what the line styles will actually look like when printed.  Be sure to setup your paper size in the Drawing Sheet Setup because if it is inappropriate, then your line styles will not look correct.

As far as editing line styles where the size of the segments need to use lengths less than 1/16", you might want to use the Number Style button to change the dialog display to decimal inches.  This is assuming that you are still using X12 because in X13 this will automatically display values of 1/32" or 1/64".

• Upvote 1