Collaborate with Chief older version user

DanielleDubuc

13 minutes ago, DanielleDubuc said:

Is it possible for two users that have different versions of Chief to work on the same file?

No, I can confirm what Chopsaw said..... it would be best if the Freelancer was using the same version as you

If you just installed X12 though ( from X10?)  then X13 maybe in you Digital Locker for the free Upgrade (SSA), so the freelancer would need X13 too.

Thanks for the answers Chopsaw and Kbird1! I don't think my freelancer would upgrade to X13. But having her to start the file first and then transfer it to me is a good idea.

Kbird1, I have X12 installed since last fall (yes, from v10!!!) :D and I plan to upgrade to X13 as soon as my computer will be fixed.  I need more drive storage.

Thanks again!

42 minutes ago, DanielleDubuc said:

I don't think my freelancer would upgrade to X13

if she is good for your business you might want to offer to pay for her SSA each year to keep Her current ( tax write-off for you).... $45 month is likely worth it....

* FYI....I have several clients just switching to X13 now and am finding different weird issues with old plans and templates bought forward.

• Like 1

my partner and I worked with Chiefers with older versions

so we kept the last two versions active plus the current version

working with older versions than two back became a mental hassle

David Potter has EVERY version installed including all of the HD products and all their versions

sometimes you have to tell the client - sorry...

Lew

• Like 1

22 hours ago, lbuttery said:

David Potter has EVERY version installed including all of the HD products and all their versions

I have what I have in my "signature" (about fifteen versions), I do not have all Home Designer titles but I keep trial versions of the current Home Designer titles and a large part of my business model is assisting Home Designer users with their projects and problems.

DJP