Work-arounds known for taking an X12 plan back to X12 after opening in X13?

SusanC

I know I should have backed up all of my files before installing X13, but in 11 years of working in Chief, I've never been brought to a complete standstill by a new release.  By any chance is there a work around that will allow me to take a plan that I created in X12, worked on and saved in X13, and want to take back to X12?  

Thank you!

41 minutes ago, SusanC said:

I know I should have backed up all of my files before installing X13, but in 11 years of working in Chief, I've never been brought to a complete standstill by a new release.  By any chance is there a work around that will allow me to take a plan that I created in X12, worked on and saved in X13, and want to take back to X12?  

Thank you!

Export to dwg and trace or do what Joey said

I'm curious if this would work 

probably not

open X12 for a new empty plan

open X13 for the current plan

use edit area all floors for the entire plan in X13

use ctlv-v to paste the X13 plan into X12 new plan

probably have a lot of cleanup 

assuming it even copies over

Lew

9 minutes ago, SusanC said:

The first thing I had tried was the cut and paste option, but no luck.  Tried opening the plan in X12, no luck.  That leaves going into the archives and rebuilding part of the plan. 

Thanks.

bigger question is why are you at a standstill and reverting back?

• Upvote 1

None of our Macs can open a plan without receiving a never ending loop of error messages and then a crash.  I have another thread going on Chief Talk regarding the error messages and an open ticket at the help desk.  The other designer in our office spent an hour on the phone with the help desk this afternoon, but still no relief from the error messages.  I would like to get back to X12 just so we can get some work done.

Susan  hope you haven't got too many projects to revert back.

It appears that this new Astral graphics engine is so much more temperamental when it comes to hardware, what works for one doesnt for another on similar machines.

seems worse for apples but still a few issues on windows machines..

For what it is worth I have always completed a project in the version I started it in, used to cause less hassles.

4 hours ago, SusanC said:

By any chance is there a work around that will allow me to take a plan that I created in X12, worked on and saved in X13, and want to take back to X12? 

Sorry I miss read Joey's post earlier and thought that he mentioned this but he did not.

There is automatically an X12 version of your file placed in the X13 Archive folder when you bring a plan forward and save it in X13.

• Upvote 1

Chopsaw -An X12 version of the plans I've brought forward and in the X13 archive would be incredible!  I've been in the X13 Archive folder and see the files I've worked on, but I do not see a date of migration added to the end of any file name.  Could I ask a huge favor and have you post a screen shot of one of yours that has migrated so I know what I'm looking for?

Thank you!!

1 hour ago, Chopsaw said:

There is automatically an X12 version of your file placed in the X13 Archive folder when you bring a plan forward and save it in X13.

Only if you use the Save button and get the Dialog Box Warning (below) AFAIK.... if you bring it in and use Save As eg to add _X13 manually to file name it doesn't, so you'd need the file in the X12 Archives Folder.

image.thumb.png.1db15281139f38329b860c6cadcc0f95.png

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, SusanC said:

Carrie at the help desk and Scott Harris figured out a fix for my issues.  They had me uninstall X13, reboot, and install the previous version of X13.  So far so good and no need for me to go back to X12.  

Will it let you open files saved in the newer version of X13?  just curious..