Walkthrough Path to go from first floor to second floor and continue

J_Mack

Hi! I'm working on my first walkthrough and having trouble getting it to continue on the second floor after climbing the stairs from the first floor to the second floor.

First, I drew a spline and converted it to walkthrough path. In my walkthrough video the video starts on the first floor and goes up the stairs, but when it gets to the top of the stairs it is suddenly back on the first floor.

Second, I tried creating a walkthrough path that goes from first floor to second floor. I have a key frame at the bottom of the stairs and at the top of the stairs. When I click the up arrow to go up to the second floor, I don't see my walkthrough path or key frames at the top of the stairs. On the 2nd floor, I clicked on create a walkthrough path from that same point at the top of the stairs, but it's a different walkthrough video. How can I get one walkthrough video to go from the first floor to the second floor and continue walking through the second floor? Or maybe it's a matter of joining the two walkthrough videos - if so can someone help show me how to do that? 

Thanks!

From the manual:

To create a multiple floor walkthrough

1. Draw a Walkthrough Path so that it extends into a staircase or ramp in the same direction as its Direction Arrow. See Displaying Stairs, Ramps, and Landings.
Do not drag the Walkthrough Path across the entire length of the stairs or ramp. If you do, its height will remain relative to the current floor.

2. When you release the mouse button, the program will automatically display a dashed line with an arrow extending past the last Key Frame on the current floor.
If it follows stairs or a ramp going upward, the path will also extend to the top end of the staircase or ramp.

3. Go up or down one floor, select the Walkthrough Path, and resize and reshape it as needed. You can use the Create Walkthrough Path tool to draw more segments and use the Add Key Frame  edit tool, as well.

• Upvote 2