Immediately Seeking to hire a Texas Registered Architect and local designer / draftsman for residential construction

amddrafting

Good morning!

I'm in the need to hire someone for our fast growing company.  We are centrally located in Lubbock, Texas but do work all over the state and in New Mexico as well.  Most of my team works remotely so there is no requirement to relocate.  Here are the positions please submit resume and/or portfolio to aaron@adgtexas.com or call the office at 806-853-8667 for any further questions about the positions available.

Architect

Architect / Designer - Residential, Multi Family and Light Commercial

ADG Design, LTD is currently seeking a creative, motivated, and technically proficient Designer / Architect with demonstrated capabilities in design and production. Previous experience working in an architecture firm is preferred and the ability to work well under time constraints in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.

The successful candidate should be a graduate holding a professional degree in architecture from an a accredited US institution of higher learning. Prior experience in an architecture practice is preferred, Chief Architect is preferred but experience in Revit and SketchUp will be helpful as well.

Responsibilities include:

• Assisting with design and production of project documents through all phases of a project from pre-design through construction administration.  Code Studies and Project Management will be a primary focus.

Desired Skills and Experience:

• Professional degree in Architecture
  • Additional accreditations (AIA, LEED) is a plus.
  • Prior experience in an architecture firm.
  • Strong presentation, organizational, and communication skills
  • Proficiency with Chief Architect X13 and some experience with Lumion, Sketchup, Revit, and AutoCAD will be helpful
  • Proficiency with graphics software systems such as Adobe Photoshop will be helpful.
  • Team oriented, self-driven work ethic
  • Excellent time management skills with the ability to meet fast paced project demands & deadlines.
  • Must be a US Citizen

Job Type: Full time

Salary: Negotiable

Education:

• Bachelor's (Required)
  • United States (Required), Texas (Required)
  • Remote work acceptable; Relocation assistance not provided but can relocate to main office if desired. 
  • Health, Dental, Vision, and Retirement plans available
  • Paid time Monday to Friday
  • Company Stock Options are available to licensed professionals

Draftsman / Designer

Responsibilities include:

• Assisting Designers / Architects with design and production of project documents through all phases of a project from pre-design through construction administration.

• Min. 3 years drafting / design experience.
  • Proficiency with Chief Architect X13 and some experience with Lumion, Sketchup, Revit, and AutoCAD will be helpful
  • Proficiency with graphics software systems such as Adobe Photoshop will be helpful but not a must.
  • Team oriented, self-driven work ethic
  • Excellent time management skills with the ability to meet fast paced project demands & deadlines.
  • Must be a US Citizen

Job Type: Full time

Salary: $13-18/hour based on experience

Education:

• Minimum Associates Degree or Certificate in Drafting with emphasis on Architecture
  • United States (Required), Texas (Required)
  • Remote work acceptable; Relocation assistance not provided but can relocate to main office if desired. 
  • Health, Dental, Vision, and Retirement plans available
  • Paid time Monday to Friday

1 minute ago, amddrafting said:

For an entry level draftsman that's average rate for us locally. Are you surprised?

Yes very surprised! 

I guess with your description I was under the impression you were looking for an experienced drafter.

2 hours ago, amddrafting said:

• Min. 3 years drafting / design experience.
  • Proficiency with graphics software systems such as Adobe Photoshop will be helpful but not a must.

But best of luck on your search.  Texas is a great place to live and work.  

14 minutes ago, javatom said:

I'm pretty sure the guy sweeping the floor at the job site gets paid more than this.

All my drafting staff make anywhere in this range, depending on years of experience.  Most started while in college and have worked their way up, very few have been with me longer than 3 years as my company is not that old, but I've retained them through the pandemic, they have flexibility and they are treated well.  They enjoy their jobs and enjoy learning as we go.  I also offer 2 weeks PTO to my full time staff.

image.png