Text Box fault/problem

RobWhite

My understanding this text box problem has been going of your years. Is there a way to solve it?

For whatever reason the last word  or letter in a text box disappears. Simply by opening and closing the text box the missing word/letter reappears and the resolves the issue.

The problem seems to occur when I open the plan or layout on another computer. However it is now always occurring when I disconnect or reconnect my laptop from my docking station. The problem only occurs if I open the drawings while disconnected. If I don't open the drawing while disconnected and then reconnection to the docking station the problem does not occur.

I mentioned this fault years ago on chief support and my response was; Chief were not sure how it occurs or how to solve it. Is this still the case?

Generally I managed to solve the issue by simply going through the drawings and reopening and closing the text box. This reset and corrects the text. 

I have been caught occasionally by sending out a finish drawing with the end of texts missing. That's is frustrating. I now have about 20+ pages of drawings with this problem is on every page and every view.

Does anyone have this problem? Is there something I am not doing or is this still a software problem?

It seems to happen when a file is opened on another computer with a different screen resolution or in your situation possibly an unknown screen resolution while undocked.

The solution is to group select your text boxes and open and close them.

The fix is up to Chief Architect so make sure you tell them how much paper they wasted.  There are only so many trees left on the planet.;)

Oh dear I was hopeful of a solution. I think it was early than version 13 when I first experienced and reported the fault.

It is ok in a floor plan or large view to group select text boxes, but its frustrating when I need to open every room elevation to select and fix 1 item.

Never mind...soldier on.

Thank you.

On 8/29/2021 at 5:23 PM, RobWhite said:

Oh dear I was hopeful of a solution. I think it was early than version 13 when I first experienced and reported the fault.

It is ok in a floor plan or large view to group select text boxes, but its frustrating when I need to open every room elevation to select and fix 1 item.

Never mind...soldier on.

Thank you.

Solution- ditch the rich text and never look back. 
Also, you’ve been using the software long enough, maybe time to start using macros for everything? Make global changes in one place. I have a template CAD detail page where I just drop in notes for the type of job I’m on and it populates all of my text notes in all other cad details or elevations 

• Like 2