Shed Addition Walls Not Framing Correctly

ionkin_DESIGN

Good day,

I am fairly new to CA X13. I've watched as many videos as time permits and have general understanding how Chief works. Floor plans, walls shells and their specs for framing generation, framing of walls, floors and roofs, roofs general framing and trusses, foundation.

Been working on the project where the customer wants to add small shed to the front of the existing garage. Framing of the walls needs to go under and above existing eaves.

Existing garage walls are 2x6's

Shed addition walls to be 2x4's 12 OC

Problem 1. I have been having issues with back attic wall (wall above existing gable side eave) not generating. I did manage to have shell generated, however I can't get framing to generate.

Problem 2. I can't get walls of the shed to frame around eaves.

Problem 3. Shed walls seem to not align/join properly.

Problem 4. Customer wants Roll Up door to be attached to the outside, however I tried to get it to attach to the exterior nothing works. (I tried reversing walls layers button at the bottom. Also, tried reversing wall layers in wall definition) 

Front wall where roll up door was modified with extra framing is as per customer request.

If some one can take a look at my plan and steer me in the right direction with above mentioned problems, that would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Shed Addition Plan Rev.1.plan

For some reason my signature didn't fill in.

Hardware:

CPU    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10400F CPU @ 2.90GHz, 2904 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

RAM: 16GB

HDD:  1.Intel SSD NVMe 2.0 512 GB OS

2. Toshiba 2TB 7200RPM SATA III 

GPU   NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER  6GB

Driver Version    30.0.14.7168

Software:

Chief Premier X13

9 minutes ago, ionkin_DESIGN said:

Problem 1. I have been having issues with back attic wall (wall above existing gable side eave) not generating. I did manage to have shell generated, however I can't get framing to generate.

you have a truss there

10 minutes ago, ionkin_DESIGN said:

Problem 2. I can't get walls of the shed to frame around eaves.

it looks like it framed from top of roof deck. but not sure what you are looking for

image.thumb.png.e0bb4c7cb891c317c2eb6f8eecdd4fcb.png

what is interesting is the roof framing cuts through the high shed wall but not the lower shed wall

image.thumb.png.1dc1a5ff5f8d36a5a447fdc22d7695f6.png

23 minutes ago, ionkin_DESIGN said:

Problem 3. Shed walls seem to not align/join properly.

what is properly?

Please see below for walls not aligning properly.

image.thumb.png.8177784bec59181cee17ee1215290b66.png

Walls not framing around existing eave, see below picture.

image.thumb.png.71b65ef922064a9cb5c1920b4e495747.png

Problem 1. Wall did generate, but generated using framing option of 3 bottom plates (as specified by the customer for walls that sit only on the concrete floor). When I tried to frame with correct specs (single bottom plate), attic wall framing along with existing 2x6 wall below disappeared. 

55 minutes ago, ionkin_DESIGN said:

Walls not framing around existing eave, see below picture.

i moved your attic wall and removed the truss and now it shows properly. my guess is because that wall is 2x6, that was affecting it.

normally for me, I have the roof baseline at top of plate, then I lock the roof plane to be that elevation. I notice you are locking the baseline but it is not top of plate from the room structure->ceiling elevation). That might be causing this

for the soffit not flush,

i think this is because you have the eave set to build below the sub fascia, and the fascia and sub fascia are the same depth(7-1/4)

if I set  the sub fascia to 7-1/4 and facia to 9-1/4 i do not see that problem

image.thumb.png.e1a78230cbf90e1fbc1dcd51c9b5fb84.png

Hi Jason,

Thank you for looking into the issues I have. I followed your replies and fixed high shed wall cutting into the roof and fixed fascia as per your suggestion.

I am finding an issue with attic wall. 2x4 attic wall above 2x6 garage attic wall not generating and shed 2x4 high and low walls only frame to underside of existing eave. I looked through wall setting and not seeing any option to adjust so the 2x4 walls frame over. Is this something that i need to do manually? I would like to show framing around the eave in wall detail. I can always modify it manually in the detail cad block, I just want to know which way to go about it and if this is something chief can do.Shed Addition Plan Rev.1.1.plan 

See attached latest plan.

well there is still something odd going on with the wall framing. I put in a flat ceiling over the room to see, and the wall is still framing too high. i tried to reproduce what I did above, but now cannot. You will probably need to wait for the more experienced people. sorry

15 hours ago, ionkin_DESIGN said:

I've been finding the same behaviors where I couldn't reproduce what I did before. Almost seems like some settings cancelling each other. Thank you for the efforts!

Shed room height should start at 131" at the lowest point.

131 absolute elevation or 131 room height?