Light through wall partition

Leungchunghong

Go to solution Solved by Chopsaw,

• Solution

Try placing a polyline solid through the wall connection and apply a lead material to it about 1" thick.  If that does not fix it you might want to upload your file here or send it to tech support.

9 hours ago, rgardner said:

Just to make sure the obvious is done make sure there is a roof on it.

I created a roof but the light still went through.

10 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

Try placing a polyline solid through the wall connection and apply a lead material to it about 1" thick.  If that does not fix it you might want to upload your file here or send it to tech support.

The wall material in use is "Default: Plasterboard" . I tried adding Polyline solid to whole wall. 10mm, still goes through until 50mm., but the wall overall thickness increased significantly. So  I changed the material to "Grey Shade", yes it blocked the light. I believe the material does matter.

Thanks Both.

11 hours ago, Leungchunghong said:
21 hours ago, rgardner said:

Just to make sure the obvious is done make sure there is a roof on it.

I created a roof but the light still went through.

Chop knows much more about rendering than I do.  I just know that lots of times when it is a light bleed it is something that is not placed properly and is reflecting the sun from the outside as its penetrating the roof, there is no roof, or the roof is not placed properly and joined together.  I would just say toggle off the sun and see if it persists so you can rule out one of those issues.