ELEVATIONS - DEFAULT ISSUES - EMERGENCY DEADLINE

Mardie

Of Course on a deadline and never experienced this in 20 years!  HELP!  See attached.  Working on elevations.  Using exactly the same cross section elevation, but one is coming up as "Active Defaults" and one is coming up as "1/4" Defaults", there is not an option for "Active Defaults" in the drop down.  Creating havoc on Notes.  Have not idea how to fix this.  Thanks!  Mardie

Elevation 3.JPG

Elevation 2.JPG

Seems like you made a layer change, either turned something on or off, but as soon as you make a change in any layer set a SPV references it will change to active defaults. Goto project browser, left click your elevation view and click edit view to return it to the correct layer reference set

I have checked the project browser, all elevations are on the same layer according to the project browser.  I have gone through every layer option and other choice I can think of and nothing is working.  It's an anomaly I haven't encountered before.

21 hours ago, Mardie said:

Of Course on a deadline and never experienced this in 20 years!  HELP!  See attached.  Working on elevations.  Using exactly the same cross section elevation, but one is coming up as "Active Defaults" and one is coming up as "1/4" Defaults", there is not an option for "Active Defaults" in the drop down.  Creating havoc on Notes.  Have not idea how to fix this.  Thanks!  Mardie

you should be able to Click on the Dropdown that says Active Defaults and switch it back to 1/4 defaults?

You maybe better off using 1/2 Defaults in Interior Elevations for both ....to get a better sized text style and closer to NKBA standards though.

18 hours ago, Mardie said:

have checked the project browser, all elevations are on the same layer according to the project browser.  I have gone through every layer option and other choice I can think of and nothing is working. 

the issue is not the Layer the Elevations are on , you have simply changed a Layer within the 1/4 defaults LAYERSET, in the one that now says Active Defaults.

Mick. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

While on layout, select the errant view, then in the "Edit Toolbar" click on "Display Options" there in the Edit Toolbar. That will then show you which layer set is currently selected for that layout view. If the displayed layer set is wrong, you can use the "Drop Down Menu of Layer Display Options dialog" to select the correct layer set for the layout view on layout.

DJP

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

you should be able to Click on the Dropdown that says Active Defaults and switch it back to 1/4 defaults?

You maybe better off using 1/2 Defaults in Interior Elevations for both ....to get a better sizes text style and closer to NKBA standards though.

the issue is not the Layer the Elevations are on , you have simply changed a Layer within the 1/4 defaults LAYERSET, in the one that now says Active Defaults.

Mick. 

This

First, don't panic. 

"Using Active Defaults" does not really mean anything is actually wrong.  All it means is that your current selected defaults don't match any of your saved default sets.  

If you use the "Edit Active View" tool and go to the "Selected Defaults" panel, the program will show you exactly what defaults the view is currently using.  By reviewing them, you should be able to tell which default(s) are not set to what you want.  One easy solution is to just choose the default set you want to use from the drop down list and update them all at once.  This is what default sets are for, just a way of quickly changing all of your defaults in one step.

As far as "creating havoc on notes" is concerned, you haven't really explained what the problem is.  If the problem is that your notes do not look correct, then my best guess is that you are currently using the wrong layer set.  If the problem is that whenever you create a new note that it is using the wrong scale or other attributes, then my best guess is that you are using the wrong note defaults.  As a general rule, layer sets will control the current display of objects while the defaults will control the creation of new objects.  Either way this should be easily fixable by making sure your selected defaults are set appropriately.

In addition, I would highly recommend that you review the training videos we have related to default sets and layer sets.  Probably best to look at these when you don't have a deadline though.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/5483/understanding-layer-sets.html?playlist=100

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/240/understanding-default-sets.html?playlist=100

Hope this helps.