Stair corner Miter snapping stopped working

Csnrv2019

Go to solution Solved by Csnrv2019,

Stair snapping around a corner worked flawlessly on the original creation and I used the material eye dropper to match the deck materials and color. (maybe that shouldn't be done or done another way?) When I did that it unsnapped the corners, I thought I would finish with all the steps then resnap them together! Well it doesnt work now and when I used the undo option it removed the colors and materials to original but did not resnap the stairs. I have deleted the stairs and drawn new, however they still will not snap! 

I also just added a link to a video here so you can see the settings and that they are not snapping together. https://www.loom.com/share/22e0ba8e0c6447a49829732290fc6d5a

Anyone know what I did wrong and what I can do to fix it? 

Thanks for your help, have a great day! 

deck not snapping.jpg

Edited by Csnrv2019
added link to video

3 hours ago, Csnrv2019 said:

Stair snapping around a corner worked flawlessly on the original creation and I used the material eye dropper to match the deck materials and color. (maybe that shouldn't be done or done another way?) When I did that it unsnapped the corners, I thought I would finish with all the steps then resnap them together! Well it doesnt work now and when I used the undo option it removed the colors and materials to original but did not resnap the stairs. I have deleted the stairs and drawn new, however they still will not snap! 

I also just added a link to a video here so you can see the settings and that they are not snapping together. https://www.loom.com/share/22e0ba8e0c6447a49829732290fc6d5a

Anyone know what I did wrong and what I can do to fix it? 

Thanks for your help, have a great day! 

deck not snapping.jpg

You really should post the plan. 

You should either post the plan or contact tech support.

My best guess, is that either your start heights or end heights do not match.  Looking at your picture, it looks like the stairs start very close to the edge of a room.  If one of the stairs thinks it's outside the room and the other thinks it's inside the room, then the start heights won't match.  If the stairs don't have the same heights they won't wrap (miter) together.  There could be lots of other reasons though.  If you post the plan, then someone could probably figure it out pretty quick.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

I appreciate everyone's attempt to help, despite me not sending the files. I will remember to do that in the future. I had a void between the 2 decks and when the stairs were put over the area they would not support the snapping. I enlarged the deck and it immediately fixed my issues. Thanks again.