Old Chief Versions and program needed ?

BigKahuna

Looking at my hard drive I am beginning to run out of space especially if I want to download x13 on my older laptop.  

As I started looking into what I can delete I see I have X10, X11 and X12  all on the list of installed programs and in  the program data files I have large Program data files for X8 through X12 with Just under 80 GB taken up by program data files for X8-X11.    Is there any reason to not uninstall  X10 and X11 and delete the Program data files from X8-X11 ?  I am assuming all needed data was transferrred into the next version as new versions came out but wanted to be sure Im not missing something.. I'm still using X12 and will for a bit until plans started in 12 are finished  and I have a chance to explore 13. 

Thanks for any help

I have Version 7-23 on my PC but I have LOTS of space, I keep my old versions because I specialize in helping people who never upgraded. I have a client that uses X5 another that uses X6, another with X7, X10, one who has X11, many who use X12 and a couple that use X13. When people need help and they have an old version, I am the guy they need. There is no reason other than your own reasons to keep older versions.

DJP

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kiwideziner said:

I keep X8 for opening of the old file type pl1 etc ( prior to .plan type). I open it in x8 save as then open in latest x13.

Otherwise remove all of them, depends on what you need. Just remember the old file types wont open in anything newer than X8.

Thanks.  I dont have x8 still on mine. X10  is oldest.  I havent had need for anything older in a few years as far as I can think of so hopefully it wont be an issue for me.  Appreciate the feedback

18 hours ago, BigKahuna said:

Thanks.  I dont have x8 still on mine. X10  is oldest.  I havent had need for anything older in a few years as far as I can think of so hopefully it wont be an issue for me.  Appreciate the feedback

They still offer the X8 Viewer for doing this , there is a KB article about converting old plans which has a download link in it....

M.