Number Style: cm

Markenbach

Chief Architect is kinda all over the place when it comes to defining measurements an has its setting scattered all over the UI.

I would like to use cm, being that is what the rest of my software packages use by default.

I can CA to use 'cm' on the plan as defined by the "Primary Format", but when I go to edit a wall measurement, that number is determined by the "number style" which does not have 'cm' as an option

image.thumb.png.b18f6a32be1df272425bb5b4f22fa7fe.png

so, even though it reads like this:

image.thumb.png.a5e545cc94ec82d637d81702d18865e7.png

if I type in something like "1800", it thinks "1800 meters" not "1800 centimeters"

Anyone know how to set the entered number to assume cms?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2021 at 12:58 PM, Kiwideziner said:

cm is a non ISO measurement so should never be used.  use mm or metres.

On 8/23/2021 at 1:00 PM, CAmichael240114 said:

Metre's (M) and millimeters (mm) are the standard format for metric drafting, centimeters are for dress making!

On 8/23/2021 at 3:31 PM, Kiwideziner said:

I Agree it should not be on option.

We have had this discussion with CA a few years ago and they almost completely got rid of it.

29 minutes ago, John_Charles said:

Agree with others here.... I come from the metric world and in 20 some years of building and drawing I've NEVER used cm's...

You guys are all answering a question nobody asked. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

@John_Charles, can you really not see what I'm saying here?  The OP asked a super simple question.  He just wanted to know if there was a way he could change the dialogs to use cm because that's what he is accustomed to and 3 of you guys all essentially jumped down the poor guys throat making him sound like some kind of idiot without offering any semblance of an actual answer to his question.  Based on your response to another thread you seem to think this is on par with potential piracy/licensing agreement violation?  I'd suggest you rethink your priorities a little.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, John_Charles said:

you've again used yet another straw man argument

How so?  You were quite obviously equating my response in another thread with your responses here.  I think you're smart enough to know that there's a big difference. 

Regarding my hypocrisy.  I think we all have a tendency to be hypocritical from time to time and I won't pretend to be innocent.  To be honest, I normally wouldn't have cared so much if someone had brought up an opinion in passing like you did.  I do it all the time myself, but this was a little different.  Not only was it really besides the point seeing as how the OP had already clearly stated his rationale for wanting to do so, but 3 of you guys kinda attacked the guy in a really insulting way.  Plus, I feel like some of the statements were really unhelpful and unproductive.  I absolutely hate the idea of Chief removing a capability because someone thinks it should never be used.  You can argue all you want, but if someone finds it easier and more productive to work with cm, even if they want to use cm on the plans, then that's really their prerogative.  And whether its an accepted standard in most circles or not, cm are still used in certain applications and as such, if a person wants to use them they should be able to.

At the end of the day though, I really just didn't like the way so many of you guys swooped in and ripped on the OP.  It just seemed kinda mean and unproductive with regards to the question that was posed. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

• 1 year later...

Does this issue have no solution yet ?  there are many sectors and countries using cm as default . it will eliminate typing un nessary zero or dot . i think we can use automatic unit convertor and we type normal cm value and it automatically add one unit . to account for mm. 
if someone have another idea please share .