Then learn about Annotation Sets. Absolutely key to using Chief effectively

Larry:

layers and layersets yes...

annosets can wait until its time to create cd's on layout

many other things to learn first, such as roofs, terrain, etc

Lew

I don't think we should argue the correct order Lew. The idea of any suggestion is that it is just that, a suggestion. I couldn't proceed without Anno Sets but then again I was creating actual working drawings not playing with Chief to learn basic house models. For someone else it might make sense to never learn Anno Sets. So take each suggestion as an idea and a place to start not some absolute method that must be followed and learn Chief in a way that works for you.

Keith, come across the bridge, where these days everything is some kind of Craftsman knock-off--easy-peasy.  One set of defaults/template fits all. :P

jon

Jon, there's a bridge ???!! Jeez, that knowledge would have made things WAY easier. :) That's funny as it's a joke with an architect I work with down there and ALL my clients. Whenever I talk to them about a trip to N. Virginia, for example to look at something at Smoot, they look at me like I asked for them to take a trip to Antarctica........ by canoe. It's like, "yes, there is dry land over there....seriously" If it were me living in NW, I'd way rather have the moat on the "other" side.

Thank you, everyone, for your comments and recommendations! I'm in the process of checking out all of the links that were sent. C.A. has a great group of users, willing to share experience and knowledge. I appreciate both! Already, Chief Architect is easier to use than Archicad was.