deck newels

ChiefuserMathews

Could someone help me with the attached plan? I had to modify my plan to increase the size of my mid landing from 4ft x 4ft to 4ft x 8ft. After adjusting all what I need do I see there are 2 newels in the middle of the landing. The moment I delete that it delete the footings, beams and the posts. Could you please me know how I could get rid of that 2 newels in the mid landing? with my limited knowledge I tried my best could not succeed. 

Inkeddeck post issue_LI.jpg

221016.plan

I think you will have better luck deleting the deck room (landing) all together and replacing it with at landing.  I think the stair connections and railings will work out much better.  The only downfall would be the manual support framing but you could likely cut and hold the posts and footings in memory and just past them back after deleting the room.

8 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

I think you will have better luck deleting the deck room (landing) all together and replacing it with at landing.  I think the stair connections and railings will work out much better.  The only downfall would be the manual support framing but you could likely cut and hold the posts and footings in memory and just past them back after deleting the room.

Good info chop!