Changing default for camera view sent to layout

AmandaBrady

When sending a camera view, the image is always too large and I have to manually resize every image. Wondering if there is an easier way? I am wondering if there is a way to change the default setting for sending a camera view to layout space so that the image of the camera view is always the same size (ex. 4x7 instead of 5x8)?

On 8/20/2021 at 1:58 PM, AmandaBrady said:

When sending a camera view, the image is always too large and I have to manually resize every image. Wondering if there is an easier way? I am wondering if there is a way to change the default setting for sending a camera view to layout space so that the image of the camera view is always the same size (ex. 4x7 instead of 5x8)?

I'm constantly doing this as well. If you put it in the suggestions, I'll upvote it

I export a PBR camera view and give it a name.  Then I can drag/drop onto my layout sheet, set the scale (and pick save to plan).  I do this with all my camera views to get my sheet layed out the way I want it to look.  On the final layout cleanup, if any of those views need to be updated, I export a new view, then just re-browse (as show next to file name) and the picture replaces at the correct size.  

Taking it one step farther, I suppose a layout template could have generic views that person could always update from their current projects.  

layout capture.JPG

One thing you can do to speed up the process--assuming you are always using the same screen size to start with--is to figure out what the resize factor is and just get into the habit of quickly using Transform Replicate and along with the appropriate Resize Factor.  You could similarly Resize using other methods/edit modes but you would need to figure out either the Resize Factor or drag distance to make any of those methods nice and quick. 

Thanks gentleman

I typically do the send image to show the client what it will look like, because it is fast to do, close to the right size for layout, and chances are they will move things around and then they want a different angle so i will need to do it again. It, for me, does not form part of the final package, or if it does it is at the end of layout, un-named. I consider it more of a bonus I am giving them. The only 3d camera I give them is on the front project overview like michael has above and a doll house, but those are typically cameras, not images (I used to do images and got tired of the moving around)

so I think the quickest way is probably the rescale with the factor, and program that into one of my mouse buttons