Moasure motion based measuring system

mborean

Eric, did YOU search? Because the only post has zero useful information.

So I bought one hoping it would help with terrain. I have used it a few times and am still working out how to make it work well.

I have done 3-4 spaces in a yard with elevation changes.

It does slope functions inside the app. It calculates total Sq Ft (if you are on the correct button).

It will export to DXF

I have imported the data and I can't seem to make it do much of anything. Cant make a Terrain or convert to polyline.

I attached 3 files of grass areas, which have anywhere from 4ft-8ft elevation change.

They are at least to scale it seems.

Anyone want to monkey with them, give it a try. I'd love to spring board into making it useful.

19809 Front Center.DXF 19809 Left Front .DXF 19809 Right Front .DXF

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I also noticed it had 25% 1 star ratings. but in reading some of them it seems mostly related to using it on a phone and not their hardware widget.

If I could run around tracing all walls with the HW gadget and it produced a floor plan, I'd be happy to retrace in CA

Going to pull the trigger on purchasing the Moasure One.  They offer a 30 day money back guarantee so the risk is minimal.  I will test the unit and report back.  Stay tuned!!

@CheifTexan, can you generate a .dxf or a .csv of points only?  Your files only have 2D line data, no elevation data, just boundaries.

On their website, https://www.moasure.com/pages/moasure-3d - I downloaded their DXF example, but it also is only 2D, no 3D data.

I downloaded their CSV, but had to open it in excel, save it as a "space delimited .prn" format, due to a "line 2" error in the "comma delimited .csv" format, then used "Import Terrain Data" in Chief  (Space Delimited .prn format) and the points appeared with proper elevation data at each point.

It looks like Moasure requires a $9.99 monthly subscription to obtain the 3D data function.  My phone is only able to measure Distance and Angle in the app.

Moasure_Elevation_CSVdata.PNG

Moasure_Isometric_Terrain_View.PNG

Entrance_3D_Example.prn Entrance_3D_Example.CSV

Moasure tool update.  Well folks, I have it an honest try, but the Moasure is simply too finicky for real world use.  It works well if you have environments  as shown in the videos (flat ground, minor obstacles, and easy access).  The concept is awesome and in the future if/when they improve the product I will purchase it, but for now, I am returning the unit.  I appreciate the 30 day money back guarantee.

Was really hoping this would be a game changer.  For now I'm back to graph paper, a tape measure and a laser measure.  

I tried inside, outside the building.  Just too clunky to work well.  Especially with a  price north of $300.  Hopefully, they will improve the product.  It is a great concept, just not a great product.  If anyone has had a better experience, I'd love to hear about it.

• Upvote 1

• 10 months later...

I just purchased the Moasure tool and gave it a run through its paces measuring the inside of my living room, several times! It takes a little getting used to, but it does get the general shape of the room. You really have to think about how you will move around the room beforehand.   The new app does have a wall mode, but the error rate is quite high. For example, an 8’ wall was off by 1”.  

As @mborean said, it is too finicky for real-world use and, in my opinion, not worth the, now, $399 price.

• Upvote 1

Hey @para-CAD.... did you know they have a 30 day money back guarantee?    Not sure when you bought it, but it might be worth looking into.    I have already started the return process. ;)

• Upvote 2