Window placement

KyleJantz

When I see ceilings like that, I go straight to the "delete surface" tool. Delete the 2 layers of glass and then use the pointer to select on the unwanted material.

It will (or should) open up the dialogue box for whatever room is being displayed for that sheet of sub-floor. 

The sleuth work to figure out what the plywood belongs to can be much easier this way.  

Have you checked the structure for both the first floor and the second floor?

Presumably, the first floor has a ceiling height which is being voided since the second floor is "open below"

Did you check the open to below space (on the second floor)? if it has any kind of structure being shown, then may get some perspective on what the issue is.

1 minute ago, VHampton said:

When I see ceilings like that use the delete surface tool. Delete the 2 layers of glass and then use the pointer to select on the unwanted material.

It will (or should) open up the dialogue box for whatever room is being displayed for that sheet of sub-floor. 

The sleuth work to figure out what the plywood belongs to can be much easier this way.  

Have you checked the structure for both the first floor and the second floor?

Presumably, the first floor has a ceiling height which is being voided since the second floor is "open below"

Did you check the open to below space (on the second floor)? if it has any kind of structure being shown, then may get some perspective on what the issue is.

Thanks for the tips i will use that in the future. 

Never question why. Lol. ...Just go with it.

...and yes - you're very welcome.

Ceilings often pop up through the roof or sidewalls, and that method is a great way to figure out what needs some fixing.