renaming SPV tabs

KellySantaRosa

1 minute ago, KellySantaRosa said:

My work space usually consists of one tab with my set of layouts, then an additional number of SPV tabs that correspond to the individual layout pages. Is there a way to organize these SPV tabs with custom labels?

As Larry pointed out, the tabs are already using your Saved Plan View name.  You can give them custom labels by renaming your Saved Plan Views.  That's the best we currently have.

1 minute ago, KellySantaRosa said:

how do I change the SPV name?

Several ways come to mind:

1. After you've selected the Saved Plan View in your Project Browser, left click again.
  2. After you've selected the Saved Plan View in your Project Browser, right click>Rename
  3. After you've selected the Saved Plan View in your Project Browser, right click>Edit View
  4. Edit Active View

Really confusing Kelly. Can't understand the terminology. Set of Layouts? What's that? ...and SPV tabs correspond to plan files not to 'individual layout pages.' I'm not making these distinctions to be difficult but without clear terminology we don't have a chance of helping. Most plan files (SPV's or otherwise) are sent to a single Layout page. When you double click a plan that's been sent to Layout it opens its SPV if one has been created. The name of the SPV is saved within the project browser where it can be 'edited' renamed etc.

Sound like there a fundamental misunderstanding about how Chief works in relation to SPVs Layout etc. That's understandable but once you get it it's really powerful and not that difficult.

Not that easy to understand but you will find Chief's videos and teaching guides to be second to none and probably a better place to start than here at the forum. Hopefully the vid below adds some clarity but again, not a simple paradigm to understand but certainly doable.