Edit CAD block

stager386

18 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

So it seems that for the Kravet Clemson products that are available in the library none of them are exactly what you are after ?

If I am understanding or at least getting close to what you are after is some fairly advanced symbol manipulation for Chief but likely it can be done with a little patience.  

I would suggest that you break one of the existing sofas down into it's components and then configure and bump them together like cabinets until the client actually decides what they want.

I think you could get everything but the rounded corner piece that way.

Likely best to set up a screen sharing secession with someone or have someone do it for you and make a recording so you can do it yourself next time.

Thank you very much for your time on this.  I am working on the components, and will hopefully make it work.  Thanks again!

10 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

It may also be possible to get what you need straight from the manufacturer or their website if it is a current production model.

Yes, I have done that before with hard items like cabinets and wood furniture. Not as common with this type of piece. But an excellent suggestion, thank you!!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Kate,

I tried to resize the sectional and was able to do it without any issues.

Went to core catalog and placed sectional in the plan.

Clicked on sectional block and clicked on "Explode Architectural Block" at the bottom panel.

Modified each section as desired, then marquee selected all sectional sofa items and clicked on "Make Architectural Block" at the bottom panel.

The size in the camera view was updated instantly.

Let us know if you can do it on your end this way. 

Further on this issue. I downloaded Kravet and tried to resize it, which turned out to be much more laborious task and much more difficult as described above. I knew I was missing something.

Takeaway is (for me anyways), if furniture size needs to be modified, then core catalog items are much better and faster way to go.

Thank you

On 9/11/2021 at 6:12 PM, ionkin_DESIGN said:

Hi Kate,

Clicked on sectional block and clicked on "Explode Architectural Block" at the bottom panel.

Modified each section as desired, then marquee selected all sectional sofa items and clicked on "Make Architectural Block" at the bottom panel.

Hi.. Thanks for the help. It's been 5 weeks so I am not sure which sectional I was working with. But what you're describing is what I normally do with core catalog items that may not need a whole lot of adjustment.   Looking back at my original post from August 12 and all the suggestions that were made, I think the Kravet sofa I was trying to modify simply wouldn't modify into exactly what I needed.

On 9/11/2021 at 6:12 PM, ionkin_DESIGN said:

Hi Kate,

Hi.. Thanks for the help. It's been 5 weeks so I am not sure which sectional I was working with. But what you're describing is what I normally do with core catalog items that may not need a whole lot of adjustment.   Looking back at my original post from August 12 and all the suggestions that were made, I think the Kravet sofa I was trying to modify simply wouldn't modify into exactly what I needed.