Where is this toggle?

mcrump

I like the way the new "active defaults" work but i don't know if I'm missing something or if it still the case that you can't tie the layer to anno.  I can make the layer set switch when i select a certain anno but still doesn't seem that i can switch layer set and the anno can be tied to it to switch with it.  only switch to "active defaults" for anno when i go layer set switch first.

You can open a Layout View, and it will open the plan with the Layout View's Layer Set  on in the plan view "not new" .  Opening the Layout View will now also  activate the Anno Set associated with this Layout View "new".  You do not have to have the Layer Set selected in the Anno Set if you use this method.  In fact it can be a bit confusing when you see "Active Default" as the Anno Set instead of the Anno Set you thought should be there.

It took me a little time to get used to using the Layout View method, but I think it can be very powerfull if set up correctly.

Edit:  Just in case someone tries this in anything other than X6.  This is a new feature of X6 and does not work in previous versions.

I like the way the new "active defaults" work but i don't know if I'm missing something or if it still the case that you can't tie the layer to anno.  I can make the layer set switch when i select a certain anno but still doesn't seem that i can switch layer set and the anno can be tied to it to switch with it.  only switch to "active defaults" for anno when i go layer set switch first.

This goes back several versions when CA Decided that the anno set is king. ANNO set can set layer set but layer set can not set ANNO set. Makes sense, how could you ever vary the combination if this were not so.