FALSE GABLE

bakerbuilt

Go to solution Solved by DavidJPotter,

Is there a way I can get rid of those extra lines on the elevation layout, its just an eye sore and everything I try I cant get rid of them... 

how I make them is I make a gable roof and add a extra roof plane and set the fascia height and extend the ridge top to line up with the roof, so it doesn't actually blend into the roof so the line shows up in the elevation plan. 

I use Premier X12 

FALSE GABLE.pdf

It would probably help if you distinctly brought one or another of the roof surfaces to the forefront instead of kind of ambiguously overlapping as they are now.  Do you want the gables to be proud of the hips, or the hips to be proud of the gables?    On the right side, personally I would project that small false gable a little beyond the main gable 'behind' it... even if only a few inches.  Finally if you just want to edit the lines and not the model, then if you send to layout using 'plot lines' then you can edit the linework.

As a side note, on that rock facing you have, you might consider using the ability to 'make pattern from texture' in the material definition.

• Upvote 1