Dimension format changes, and other "bugs"

stevenyhof

4 minutes ago, stevenyhof said:

I did share this with support, but also here in case others run into this or have some ideas as to what might be causing this to happen.

Thank you, Eric!

I notified tech support about this issue as soon as SVP's were introduced. The solution (for now) is to switch views by double-clicking the SVP in your project browser INSTEAD of selecting the window tab.

• Upvote 1

I've experienced that first problem you showed quite a bit ever since Plan Views were first introduced.  For whatever reason Chief starts picking up on settings from other open Plan Views sometimes.

The library issue I can reproduce.  It looks like a bug to me.  2 side notes though:  First, it's not a problem if you have the object selected in the library itself rather than the preview.  And second, it depends on what you're doing but if you don't switch tools you don't lose the activated library object.

I'm not sure about your selection problem in particular because I couldn't quite tell what was going on, but much like the first issue with Dimension formatting, I have found that the current Saved Plan View can pick up on settings from another Saved Plan View with regard to layers being displayed or not, locked or not, etc.  Sometimes its the opposite problem....I will pick up on layers that are currently turned off.

9 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Sometimes its the opposite problem....I will pick up on layers that are currently turned off.

I've never had the specific SPV problem mentioned, but this I have had.  I've always attributed this to (note my technical knowledge here).. too much jumbled gunk in memory.  It seems to me that these things only start happening after I've left my computer running with Chief open for long periods of days.  Always disappears after a restart. 

6 minutes ago, DzinEye said:

I've never had the specific SPV problem mentioned, but this I have had.  I've always attributed this to (note my technical knowledge here).. too much jumbled gunk in memory.  It seems to me that these things only start happening after I've left my computer running with Chief open for long periods of days.  Always disappears after a restart. 

Agreed.  For me it happens when I'm doing a whole ton of back and forth between views. 

Please be sure to send tech support the actual plan files and not just the videos.  Also, it is helpful to report only one issue (or at least related issues) at a time.

We have already fixed a number of issues in X13 related to working with saved plan views and being able (or not able) to select things because they were turned on/off or locked/unlocked in other saved plan views.  What you are showing in your first video looks like a new but possibly related issue.  We will need to work with your actual files to see if we can duplicate this problem.

3 minutes ago, Dermot said:

Please be sure to send tech support the actual plan files and not just the videos.  Also, it is helpful to report only one issue (or at least related issues) at a time.

We have already fixed a number of issues in X13 related to working with saved plan views and being able (or not able) to select things because they were turned on/off or locked/unlocked in other saved plan views.  What you are showing in your first video looks like a new but possibly related issue.  We will need to work with your actual files to see if we can duplicate this problem.

I sent a backup of the file I was working on as a zip, and I sent it as a new separate issue. Thank you

6 hours ago, stevenyhof said:

Double clicking the library object... X13

https://www.loom.com/share/4e56ec9db21d45038027560fe2161a2d

Ya, this one isn't new.  I reported it a while back and apparently this is by design and something people use.  I suspect some people open the library browser only occasionally and that they want to simultaneously grab what they need and then close the library browser back down. 

9 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Ya, this one isn't new.  I reported it a while back and apparently this is by design and something people use.  I suspect some people open the library browser only occasionally and that they want to simultaneously grab what they need and then close the library browser back down. 

Ah! got it - Thank you!