Manual Dimensions vs Automatic Dimensions - can't turn off Automatic Dimensions

LinLMI

6 hours ago, kylejmarsh said:

Hmm so I would need to set up different Annosets for the different type of dimensioning I do, and the Auto Dimensions can be controlled by the Annoset defaults? That could work. I will give it a try and report back.

2 quick suggestions:

1. Use the term Default Set in your posts.  Its just a little confusing when you use the term Annotation Sets or Annosets since those terms were changed quite a few verisons ago.
  2. You don't need to create a whole new Default Set.  All you need to do is change the Dimension Default being used for your Saved Plan View.  Of course you can create a whole new Default Set, its just not necessary in most cases. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/4/2022 at 4:40 PM, Alaskan_Son said:

You don't need to create a whole new Default Set.  All you need to do is change the Dimension Default being used for your Saved Plan View.  Of course you can create a whole new Default Set, its just not necessary in most cases. 

Good idea - ok so time to make better use of' saved plan views' I guess

i'm not sure if my workflow is the most "efficient". but on a new plan, once I determine the scale set to use, say 3/16, when I go to a specific SPV, I will change the default set to 3/16 and save it, then it is that way for that plan going forward.  So on my floor plan SPV I change to 3/16, then when I go to dimension the roof plan I change the roof plan SPV to 3/16 defaults and save etc. Event though I think I have about 15 SPVs I usually do not use all of them, and  even if I do, if I do not dimension or annotate a view, there is no need to change the scale, so those I do not change. For instance I do a lot of basement suites, and the kitchen elevation is there more for the plumbing and electrical than an actual fully detailed & dimensioned cabinet layout, so I have pre existing  elevations on my kitchen and bath SPV  on my template plan which are already on my template layout, so there is nothing really to do but center and crop the kitchen elevation in layout.

For me, I essentially work by SPV. If I find I am using an SPV with two different layer sets a lot, I will create a new SPV, rather than change the layer set on one SPV.

I find the 15 I have pretty manageable in going back and forth between them

image.thumb.png.b167df6b1a3a650db4612d14aa84e58c.png