Temporary dimensions

Gawdzira

I thought that in previous versions when I had a distinct dimension placed (as an example, for an interior of a room) then I would not get a temporary dimension. Currently in X13, I am getting the temporary dimension when I select a wall to move with dimensions. Have I overlooked a setting that changed?

image.thumb.png.76e9e90c0cfcb2085c26de29f7865188.pngimage.thumb.png.b0446f8ff86b3b81887bdd18fe5b289c.png

23 minutes ago, DzinEye said:

I don't think it's a new setting, I believe they finally responded to many requests to allow the temporary dimensions to show even when dimensions are in place.  
I'm thrilled to see it. 

So you're to blame...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, robdyck said:

So you're to blame...

Ha ha ha... I would happily take the credit if I could!   I may have +1 people for the request over the years but I don't believe I've made the suggestion myself.

So frustrating to me to not get temp dimension for a place that doesn't have a dimension, but because there is a dimension adjacent it doesn't pop up.

1 hour ago, Gawdzira said:

Can I get a toggle (and an amen)?

Toggle would be nice I guess.  
Can't help but wonder though why you're finding it to be a negative?  I haven't used X13 extensively yet, so perhaps I'm missing something.

My problem is displayed in my image. I made an intentional interior dimension to surfaces to resize the room. When I click on the wall I get 2 dimensions strings to choose from and now I have to pay attention to choose the correct one. That is a heavy responsibility.

On 8/6/2021 at 8:02 AM, Gawdzira said:

Have I overlooked a setting that changed?

Also guilty :) .........This is one of X13 new changes after many of us asked for it to remain active, you may need to make sure your Temp. dims

sync with your selected Dim Defaults eg Surfaces vs Wall Dimension Layer

image.thumb.png.601356c43b89ae63b70d5be0ea1844a2.png

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-02963/features-introduced-in-each-version-of-chief-architect.html

Amen Alan, this is a real PITA for as-builts.  With as-builts I'm often going back and forth between SPVs so not having the temporary defaults change with my SPV, is frustrating.

We now need multiple temporary dimension defaults to match our dimension defaults, or must adjust them each time we change Saved Plan Views, or toggle them off.  I never understood why temporary dimensions weren't controlled in dimension defaults.  Now with always-on temporary dimensions and SPVs, it makes sense to control temporary dimensions with our dimension defaults and have them automatically change with our SPVs.