Duplex Receptacle Outlet

mcrump

I want to create a Duplex Receptacle Outlet symbol that inserts at 16" AFF.  I block inserted a standard outlet which inserts 11.5" AFF.  I exploded the block, made the height adjustment, associated the new 2D block to the 3D block ands saved to my custom library.  It still inserts at 11.5" AFF.  Is this something that can't be done in Chief?

Insert the default the symbol from the Chief library.

Select the symbol and open the Symbol Specification dbx (toolbar icon looks like a pencil with chair).

Select the Options tab and enter the new Height Off Floor.

Close the dbx, and save the new symbol to your user library.

There is no need to mess with the 2D block.

Insert the default the symbol from the Chief library.

Select the symbol and open the Symbol Specification dbx (toolbar icon looks like a pencil with chair).

Select the Options tab and enter the new Height Off Floor.

Close the dbx, and save the new symbol to your user library.

There is no need to mess with the 2D block.

Michael, if you're wanting to save it to your library to reuse again, this way as mentioned will not work. Try it. It never has worked this way for electrical. Here is a new symbol that will work. I think I have it set right. If not, it's probably close enough. 

Duplex 16 inches.calibz

Michael, if you're wanting to save it to your library to reuse again, this way as mentioned will not work. Try it. It never has worked this way for electrical. Here is a new symbol that will work. I think I have it set right. If not, it's probably close enough. 

Sorry, I forgot to include a step. Within the Symbol Specification dbx, Options tab, you also have to de-select any of the Options tick boxes. Then save to your User Library.

Sorry, I forgot to include a step. Within the Symbol Specification dbx, Options tab, you also have do de-select any of the Options tick boxes. Then save to your User Library.

I have mine to where it hangs on the wall. To really make it work from the library, you have to do it a different way.