Walls

winterdd

Sometimes I can add these type walls and they come in fully enclosed in drywall and molding and sometimes not. What determines this? Shown is a kitchen island with a half wall (plumbing) with no molding and then a simple wall closing off a fridge.

image.thumb.png.7a723e756c381d698e63e7a2aff32373.png

14 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Yup that does not work even though it makes perfect sense.  Create a custom drywall color instead.

Chief doesn’t know what to put there because the layer doesn’t have depth.  It’s best to do as chopsaw says and custom mix a color with your drywall otherwise at least some thickness to the paint.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rlackore said:

You can also use Wall Coverings, which you can control on a per-wall basis, interior or exterior sides. No extra wall layers, no custom drywall colors.

1438092785_ScreenShot08-05-21at08_26AM.thumb.JPG.2d7a8b40b88285d306b18ad3550d3a32.JPG

So that's what the wall covering does. Now I know!

2 minutes ago, jasonN said:

is there something special about that wall. I do these types of walls and have not seen that. I just tested one and it looks as it should

It is only an issue if you modify the wall definition.  See Above.

got it, if you put the paint layer as 0" on the exterior layer, you get that behaviour. Interestingly, if you put 0" paint on the interior layer you do not get that behaviour (but you also only get it on one side of the wall)

3 minutes ago, jasonN said:

Interestingly, if you put 0" paint on the interior layer you do not get that behaviour (but you also only get it on one side of the wall)

Not particularly helpful in this situation but that certainly may shed some light on other strange behavioral differences between interior and exterior layers.