color vs. black and white layouts

BruceKC

Thanks everyone.  I may be dense, so I'm not sure if I'm understanding any of you correctly.  I have two views of the same floor plan that need to be in color, but the elevation views that I sent I don't want in color.  I'm thinking I can't have it both ways. 

6 minutes ago, BruceKC said:

I have two views of the same floor plan that need to be in color, but the elevation views that I sent I don't want in color.  I'm thinking I can't have it both ways.

Let's slow it down and back it up a bit. 

• You have 2 different files right?  You have a Plan file and you have a Layout file
  • Those 2 different files each have their own color toggles.  Color can be toggled separately in each of the 2 files.
  • Not only can color be toggled separately in each of the 2 files, but in your Plan file you can also toggle color separately for each and every Saved Plan View and each and every camera.
  • In your Plan files, you can toggle color on for your 2 floor plan views and toggle color off for your elevation views.
  • In your Layout file, you can just leave color toggled on.  Because your elevation views have color toggled off to start with, there will be no color to display in layout. 

Hi Michael, thanks for the help.  I sent the elevations to layout as "plot lines" with the color off.  That worked fine in the layout, but if I turn the general layout to "color on", the color on the elevations comes back on.  Perhaps I'm not doing the whole process correctly, kinda new at this.  Thanks for your help.

4 minutes ago, BruceKC said:

Hi Michael, thanks for the help.  I sent the elevations to layout as "plot lines" with the color off.  That worked fine in the layout, but if I turn the general layout to "color on", the color on the elevations comes back on.  Perhaps I'm not doing the whole process correctly, kinda new at this.  Thanks for your help.

Open the Layout Box Specification dialog and uncheck Color Fill.

45 minutes ago, BruceKC said:

I sent the elevations to layout as "plot lines" with the color off.  That worked fine in the layout, but if I turn the general layout to "color on", the color on the elevations comes back on.

sounds like you still sent them with the Color fill box checked even though Color was Off in the view..... Michael's fix should correct it.

M.

1 hour ago, BruceKC said:

Thanks everyone.  I may be dense, so I'm not sure if I'm understanding any of you correctly.  I have two views of the same floor plan that need to be in color, but the elevation views that I sent I don't want in color.  I'm thinking I can't have it both ways. 

one way is when you send the elevation to layout, do not select color fill,  click on  plot lines only

image.thumb.png.79af829c3ef80ce216435b81582790fd.png