Setting 2" ridged insulation under basement 4" slab

Camerops

As Gene said, the floor composition is in the structure tab>edit floor. You can build the floor layers similar to "building" a wall. You adjust the elevation of the materials with absolutes, rough and most important stem wall - top of footing to top of mud sill. Set your heights relative to all your structural elements and required rough height and you'll be fine

The impression I have from looking at the room specification panel's elevation diagram is the insulation is sitting on the footing. I want it to sit next to it. That is to say the top of footing equals to top of insulation. In doing so, the concrete slap should then logicall be resting on the top of footing. Currently, the insulation sits on the top of the footing which forces the stem wall height to increase by the thickness insulation layer. I would think it is not a big deal since all the relevant interior room wall heights and clearances would be account for with the taller stem wall. However, a higher stem wall increases the materials list concrete calc and building permits can not be submitted with stem walls taller than 10' without additional engineering certication. This situation causes the stem wall to be 10' 2".  This background on why I am asking for a solution that keeps stem wall at 10' while having interior wall height and clearances the same with 2 inch foam layer in the floor structure. 

Any further ideas would be appreciated.  

1 hour ago, Camerops said:

The impression I have from looking at the room specification panel's elevation diagram is the insulation is sitting on the footing. I want it to sit next to it. That is to say the top of footing equals to top of insulation. In doing so, the concrete slap should then logicall be resting on the top of footing. Currently, the insulation sits on the top of the footing which forces the stem wall height to increase by the thickness insulation layer. I would think it is not a big deal since all the relevant interior room wall heights and clearances would be account for with the taller stem wall. However, a higher stem wall increases the materials list concrete calc and building permits can not be submitted with stem walls taller than 10' without additional engineering certication. This situation causes the stem wall to be 10' 2".  This background on why I am asking for a solution that keeps stem wall at 10' while having interior wall height and clearances the same with 2 inch foam layer in the floor structure. 

Any further ideas would be appreciated.  

There is no way to do it automatically. You can set the rig. ins. to be in the floor structure then manually drag the bottom of fdn. walls up to u/s of slab OR

you can manually create the insulation using the slab tools.

Post a small Test Plan so others can have a "play"  and see if they can give you some advice, and screen-grabs ( pics) help too , to explain the issues, but I think manually is the only way

*BTW I believe you mean RIGID Insulation  not Ridged Insulation at least I am not familiar with ridged insulation.

Further to this topic, it may be worth noting that adding under-slab rigid insulation that does NOT cover the footing (and provide a thermal break around the slab perimeter) would generally speaking not be considered good building practice as it misses the point of continuity of insulation by a painfully small margin and in some regions would not be compliant with building codes.