Rescaling layout pages

DMJRestorations

I have a layout completed with over 20 pages for a project, but it was scaled to letter sized as I was printing it out at the office while we were finalizing it.

Now my plan is done and ready to be resized to full size production plans.

Is there a way to take the letter sized layout and change it’s formating?  I can tweak the scale notes and I can tweak placements, but it would save a lot of time if I didn’t have to start from scratch.

Sure there is a tool that is called Rescale Layout View 1458999189_RescaleLayoutViewtool.JPG.82d19822c986069d1dfc7e6cf4fdb411.JPG

But the you will need to change the Drawing Sheet Size and adjust or reimport your title block or do it the other way and send all your layout views to another existing template.

There a a few users that have multiple sheet sizes in the same template for this exact situation but it takes a bit of time to set that up.

44 minutes ago, DMJRestorations said:

I have a layout completed with over 20 pages for a project, but it was scaled to letter sized as I was printing it out at the office while we were finalizing it.

Is there a way to take the letter sized layout and change it’s formating?  I can tweak the scale notes and I can tweak placements, but it would save a lot of time if I didn’t have to start from scratch.

Did you try Scaling the PDF instead?   ie Print at 300%  ..........  = 25.5 x 33?  .......so maybe you need try other %  and then check the Scale.....

not sure if it works in this case but I sometimes Print 11 x 17 Layouts (ANSI B or Tabloid)     at 200%      for a 22 x 34 (ANSI D)

You won't make this mistake again :)  ,  next time do it at 24 x 36 ( ARCH D) and do a 1/4 scale check Plot at the Office instead....

Mick.

image.thumb.png.3d4fae723bd5eda56dc8373453a673bb.png

6 hours ago, DMJRestorations said:

When I print the layout from Chief, I always select "Chief Architect Save AS PDF" from the dropdown, the paper set as landscape and Arch D selected for the size.

This prints it to a PDF, the benefit that I can also email it just like this to a builder/client.

When I physically print the plan, I simply open the PDF, select print as I would anything else, go to page setup, again select the paper size as Arch D and make sure the page sizing is set to "actual size."

Printer Snip.JPG