Preventing Plan Views and Layouts from Changing

DeltaHome

I find myself frustrated when I have perfected a Plan View and have sent it to Layout only to find that some other change I made to the main Plan File has changed my Plan View and thus my Layout Page.

My work around has been to send my Plan View to CAD Detail and thus "freeze" it and then send the CAD Detail to my Layout page. 

Seems kind of clunky.  Is there another way to do it?

Why are my saved Plan Views changing?  Is there a way to stop that from happening?

It is quite frankly very frustrating and very discouraging to have to recreate the same saved Plan view multiple times. . .

And yes I have watched the Saved Plan View tutorial multiple times to no avail.

Just to be clear, the "Never Save" option only means that if you make a change to one of the settings that are stored with the saved plan view (such as changing layer sets, turning color on/off, turning reference display on/off, etc.) that the program will not save these changes or prompt you asking if you want to save your changes.  If you make any changes using the Saved Plan View Specification dialog box and then click OK, your changes will always be saved.  You can also manually save your changes using the "Save Active View" tool.

This may or may not have anything to do with what you are seeing in your layout.  If you have two views sent to layout linked to the same saved plan view, they should always look the same regardless of the "Never Save" option.  If you have two views sent to layout linked to two different saved plan views but using the same layer set, they will also probably look the same since they are using the same display options.