Is there anyone who can modify a symbol file?

ericepv

That's what I was afraid of, thanks for taking a look Michael. Any thoughts on where I can find a decent, Chief compatible model? I've already tried 3D Warehouse, Turbo Squid, CG Trader (where this model came fro) and many others. There is a nice model in Chief but it doesn't meet the customer's spec.

- Eric

17 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Can you be more specific as to what you mean by this?

The Chef model ('Pyracantha coccinea 1' in 3D Plants) shows plenty of berries but the leaves look skimpy and grey. There are only two material options, the bark (specified as 'bark') and the branch which is and image of berries and leaves.

18 minutes ago, ericepv said:

The Chef model ('Pyracantha coccinea 1' in 3D Plants) shows plenty of berries but the leaves look skimpy and grey. There are only two material options, the bark (specified as 'bark') and the branch which is and image of berries and leaves.

How are you with Photo Shop?  You can always edit that image to increase the size of the leaves and/or change their color.

29 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

How are you with Photo Shop?  You can always edit that image to increase the size of the leaves and/or change their color.

That's not in my skill set.

1 minute ago, DzinEye said:

May or may not do the trick for you, but might be worth playing with.  I got this by overlapping two plants.  One copy is rotated with the color modified with the rainbow tool to use a brighter green.

Pyracantha.PNG

I did try that yesterday and showed it to the client but they didn't like it. I've also tried increasing emissivness and placing a green colored bacgroundbehind the plant but so far nothing has been a good solution.

Here Eric,

See if this works for you.  I modified so that there are 2 different materials being used.  One for the leaves and one for the berries.  They're both set to Blend Color with Material so all you should have to do is adjust colors for the leaves and/or the berries separately.  Its built out of 2 perfectly overlapping symbols so you'll likely need to make adjustments through the material tab instead of using the Adjust Material tool.

Firethorn.calibz

1 hour ago, DzinEye said:

May or may not do the trick for you, but might be worth playing with.  I got this by overlapping two plants.  One copy is rotated with the color modified with the rainbow tool to use a brighter green.

Pyracantha.PNG

Nice OOB thinking Mark....

M.