casement on lower corner of a window possible without mulling?

SH_Canada

played around with the settings and searched the forum but did not seem to find how to create this type of window:

!                                          !

!====================!

!                   !                      !

Upper is fixed glass, and casement is one of the lowers, other lower is fixed

thanks

15 hours ago, jasonN said:

played around with the settings and searched the forum but did not seem to find how to create this type of window:

!====================!

Upper is fixed glass, and casement is one of the lowers, other lower is fixed

thanks

Did you get it figured out?

2 hours ago, jasonN said:

customer initially volunteered to leave as is and he would specify when ordering, so I took him up on that offer after finding out I had to put together a mulled unit

I'm curious why the hesitation to do something that could literally be done in a matter of seconds.

22 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

I'm curious why the hesitation to do something that could literally be done in a matter of seconds.

well I have to go search on how to do this type of unit, I assume a top fixed window and a lower casement window, and then mull the two together.

and the customer has been altering the window sizes 3 times in the last two days, and if I recall correctly from past experience, to alter the mulled unit you have to unmull.

once he finally. really finally, no really finally decides, then perhaps. the project has been going on since april, so a bit of a long haul.  

The lite option above looks like a good for now approach, but I would have to change the description to show casement on the schedule to avoid an accidental interpretation from the window guy if he gets confused on what the customer really wants and what the plans say

image.png.bb62e2a3aa1b9ec43125c6b2448f60fe.png

Something like this? 

This is a 5026 Fixed on top set to level 1, a 2626 Fixed left side bottom set to level 0, and a 2626C on the right set to level 0 as well.  Mull the lower two together first then mull that and the top one together second.

13 hours ago, jasonN said:

customer has been altering the window sizes 3 times in the last two days,

That's an automatic $100 PITA charge

13 hours ago, jasonN said:

to alter the mulled unit you have to unmull.

Nope, just hit the TAB key to get to individual units.

A mulled unit of any kind, when shown in the window schedule, will not call out the types or sizes of individual units that are joined into one mulled unit.  It's up to you to do whatever necessary to ensure the window supplier gets it right.  Usually text in the comments can do it.

Maybe like this:  "Fixed casement 66" w. x 30" h. over fixed casement 33" w. x 30" h. and operable casement 33" w. x 30" h."

1 hour ago, joey_martin said:

Nope, just hit the TAB key to get to individual units.

ah thanks for that tidbit

its all about the the little things

30 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

Usually text in the comments can do it.

yeah thats what I've been doing for the rakes

3 hours ago, rgardner said:

This is a 5026 Fixed on top set to level 1, a 2626 Fixed left side bottom set to level 0, and a 2626C on the right set to level 0 as well.  Mull the lower two together first then mull that and the top one together second.

i was actually thinking the lower would be a double casement with one side as opening, and then mull top (which would be fixed) 

7 hours ago, GeneDavis said:

A mulled unit of any kind, when shown in the window schedule, will not call out the types or sizes of individual units that are joined into one mulled unit

Like this?

You can do it either or both ways.

Screen Shot 2021-08-01 at 10.58.53 am.jpg

@glennw

also a good setting to know to call out the casement in a mulled unit, might be a little confusing as it then shows as three separate line items. Showing comments would then be crucial, otherwise a schedule given to the window guy would result in 3 different windows, I would speculate

• 3 weeks later...

soooo, how does one adjust the width of a window within a mulled unit?

joey indicated to hit the tab key. so i did this to move from the mulled unit to the window, but then the width is greyed out. see below

The problem is I want a 77wide unit total with 16" single hung on the sides, but if I create a 45" picture for the middle, and mull all three I get a 81" mulled unit, 4" difference.

I could go back and unmull and resize my picture, but it would be nice if I could resize the picture within the mulled unit

thanks

image.thumb.png.2368ae7e918cf5fd169494963ba9a9c9.png

50 minutes ago, jasonN said:

soooo, how does one adjust the width of a window within a mulled unit?

Un-mull it - open dbx change - re- mull them.

Set Window separation to 0" as well in Defaults otherwise you will have a 2" ( 1 stud) gap between window ( and Doors) so they won't bump tight.

Mick

1 hour ago, Kbird1 said:

Set Window separation to 0" as well in Defaults

that did it thanks, in the windows default, under general

still a bit of a PITA as even if you do unmull you cannot resize the middle one bigger, until you move one of the other ones. But now that it is at zero, as long as do the math correctly I should get it right the first time