X13 MOUSE PROBLEM

BruceKC

7 hours ago, josecarlos said:

but I'm using corsair gaming mouse

Don't mean to muddy the waters here, but I am using a Corsair gaming mouse also and noticing mouse problems. Only I am not yet on X13. I have it downloaded but not in the work flow; finishing my current project load on X12. My problem is the mouse will seem to cause a "double click" when I have only made a left click. It started just a few weeks ago. It does interfere with my workflow as I am regularly having to hit escape to back out of those unintended actions. I am wondering if it might be attributed to a WIN 10 update recently; those will sometimes cause things to happen on my system that I can't explain any other way.

Hello everyone, sorry for the delay in getting back to you.  I tried every available setting in the Logitech software, and no matter what I did, the problem eventually resurfaced. SO....I went out and bought a Razer Basilisk Ultimate Wireless.  The mouse is far superior to the Logitech and it works perfectly with Chief and every other program!  In case you all decide to give that a try, Best Buy has the Razer Basilisk Ultimate Wireless Rechargeable mouse with recharging station on sale right now for $135.00...it's $209.00 on the Razer site, and it's $169.00 at Microcenter...so if you have a Best Buy around, try that.  So far, I'm loving this mouse!!!  The programmable buttons are placed much better than on the Logitech I think.  Best of luck!!!

As far as we can tell, based on the very few people that have actually contacted our technical support team, there are no new problems in X13 related to using a mouse.  The cases that have been reported have all turned out to be mouse hardware and/or driver problems or in at least one case, a very obscure problem that has existed in the program for a long time and is easily avoidable.

If you are currently using X13 and experiencing any mouse related problems, then please contact our technical support team so that we can look into this further.

If you are not using a legally purchased version of X13, then sorry, but we can't help you.  You can either purchase the program or deal with the problems you are having on your own. 

Please be aware that using pirated software is illegal and companies or individuals that are using unlicensed copies of copyrighted software are subject to legal actions.  If you work for or know of a company that is using pirated software, then I would encourage you to report them to the Business Software Alliance (BSA) using their online form or by calling their toll-free number.  In some cases, you may even receive a cash reward for making your report.

https://reporting.bsa.org/r/report/add.aspx?src=us&ln=en-us

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Dermot said:

How come you haven't contacted tech support yet?

I can't emphasize enough the principal of "the squeaky wheel gets the oil" in dealing with problems.  Fellow CA users, CA offers a quick route to letting the company know if we are having a problem.  Is the tech support an instant fix?  No.  Sometimes, especially when an urgent project is on a tight deadline, tech support can be frustratingly unresponsive, but even so, they are not mind readers.  If you are having a problem that is not related to how you use the software but how the software is providing unexpected behaviour, then let them know.  The more of use that raise a trouble ticket on an issue, the higher the importance level will go to CA finding a fix.  

Just dropping a comment or complaint on the user forum is not going to really get the company's attention.  Dermot, and others, have reminded us all about the proper channel for doing that, use it if you are sure that this is a technical issue.  

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Dermot said:

How come you haven't contacted tech support yet?

I was under an impression this is a widely spread defect, reported by many, and dev are working on fixing it. 

I didn't want to open yet another support ticket for a well-known issue

• Downvote 1

38 minutes ago, kintaro said:

I was under an impression this is a widely spread defect, reported by many, and dev are working on fixing it. 

I didn't want to open yet another support ticket for a well-known issue

Never assume its being worked on and always report things that you really care to see fixed or changed.  Like every other company out there, Chief has limited resources, and they're going to work on higher priority items first.  If there is some obscure tool that only 3 people use that's just completely broken and all 3 people report it, its still likely to take a back seat to the 20 complaints they see for some other tool that is just not working as expected. 

I personally don't think its very productive for users to even share when a problem has been acknowledged by technical support because it really means next to nothing and gives a false sense of assurance that the problem is being addressed.  Just because its on their radar doesn't mean its getting worked on.  It only means that they know about it and that they plan to work on it when it makes its way to the top of the list.  One of the best ways (if not the best way) to help ensure that it reaches the top of the list is to report the problem yourself so that your name gets added to the list of people who care to see it fixed. 

I also think its worth noting that the problem you're experiencing may not even be the same problem another user is experiencing even though they seem similar on the surface.  Sometimes its simply impossible to know for sure until you submit all the required information.  Again, if you're experiencing a problem and you care enough to see the issue fixed, report it yourself.

• Upvote 1

I've had issues with Logitech software with Chief and other 3D programs in the past. I would be able to fix it by rolling back to an earlier version of the Logitech software.

Might be worth a shot and/or test completely removing it temporarily to see if the standard OS drivers solve it. (Same for Synaptics). Another thing I'd try if connected by a dongle would be to move the dongle to another usb port. My number pad works better on usb 3 ports despite the dongle being usb 2. Finally if hardwire is an option I'd try that too.

Maybe none of the above but any work it might help narrowing down the issue.

On 8/18/2021 at 6:36 PM, MarkMc said:

I've had issues with Logitech software with Chief and other 3D programs in the past. I would be able to fix it by rolling back to an earlier version of the Logitech software.

Might be worth a shot and/or test completely removing it temporarily to see if the standard OS drivers solve it. (Same for Synaptics). Another thing I'd try if connected by a dongle would be to move the dongle to another usb port. My number pad works better on usb 3 ports despite the dongle being usb 2. Finally if hardwire is an option I'd try that too.

Maybe none of the above but any work it might help narrowing down the issue.

Thanks for the suggestions Mark.

I am having problems with my mouse since the most recent update. I updated on Friday and now when I select a cabinet in elevation view my cursor "sticks" and jumps from place to place. I have a brand new MSI laptop which meets the specs of x13.  I have 2 attached monitors, both Dell. I have a problem on one monitor and not on the other. It is also fine if I just work on my laptop monitor. Logitech M510 mouse.

I have been in contact with tech support twice, once on this past Friday and once yesterday. They took me through all the usual suspects. cord changes, mouse changes, graphics driver settings, deleting bloatware, etc. etc.,  and things seemed to be working  yesterday. I worked without issue throughout the end of the day.

Today it is back.

The fact that I have no issue on my laptop and only ONE of my external monitors makes no sense to me.

Everything was fine until I updated Friday. I am very frustrated and I don't think tech support is going to be helpful with this going forward as they don't see to be impressed with the fact that 1 external monitor is fine and the other isn't.

Hopefully someone here has an answer, but I think this  is a bug that needs to be addressed by chief. In the meantime I can work on my laptop or small external monitor (Not great), or roll back to the previous version. Better yet I may just go back to X12 for all my future work again. 

On 7/28/2021 at 12:26 PM, BruceKC said:

Since upgrading to X13, my mouse is not working the way it did before.  It works perfectly in every other program, but in X13, if I single click on an object, it often acts as if I've "double-clicked" it.  I haven't changed any settings, so I'm not sure what to do.  Contacted Chief support but they said it would have nothing to do with X13.

For those of you on the g602 and G-hub software. the G-hub software is absolute garbage and has been since its rollout. The legacy drivers still work as expected.

1 hour ago, nancelette said:

Everything was fine until I updated Friday

Just some direction for self diagnosing...when a cursor jumps this is usually an indicator of your graphics card as the graphics card is handling movement in plan and elevation. Are you using the line-over option in elevation on a standard camera or are you using vector view?
The new Chief update shouldv'e been installed alongside the newest gfx drivers which may solve your problem again. I would assume first that this is graphics related and not mouse related.

33 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

Just some direction for self diagnosing...when a cursor jumps this is usually an indicator of your graphics card as the graphics card is handling movement in plan and elevation. Are you using the line-over option in elevation on a standard camera or are you using vector view?
The new Chief update shouldv'e been installed alongside the newest gfx drivers which may solve your problem again. I would assume first that this is graphics related and not mouse related.

Rene Rabbitt, I am not using any line over options. My elevations are always vector. I'm designing kitchens, doing technical drawings. As I said before, this is only happening on one of my external monitors. Not my second, and not on my laptop monitor.  I know that my graphics card was not up to date when I updated, I did it after the fact when I was talking to tech support. Do you think I should uninstall the update and then reinstall with again with my updated card? I was thinking of rolling back X13 one step but tech support said they don't recommend it. Not sure how to do this. But I have the installer with the previous version still on my computer.

7 minutes ago, nancelette said:

Rene Rabbitt, I am not using any line over options. My elevations are always vector. I'm designing kitchens, doing technical drawings. As I said before, this is only happening on one of my external monitors. Not my second, and not on my laptop monitor.  I know that my graphics card was not up to date when I updated, I did it after the fact when I was talking to tech support. Do you think I should uninstall the update and then reinstall with again with my updated card? I was thinking of rolling back X13 one step but tech support said they don't recommend it. Not sure how to do this. But I have the installer with the previous version still on my computer.

You might consider a separate thread for this as I am pretty certain this is not a mouse issue.
I'm guessing the issue is with your 1907FP?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

You might consider a separate thread for this as I am pretty certain this is not a mouse issue.
I'm guessing the issue is with your 1907FP?

No actually its the other monitor, U2412M, oddly enough. Thanks for the insight.

3 minutes ago, nancelette said:

No actually its the other monitor, U2412M, oddly enough. Thanks for the insight.

This might be a problem with the 1907 and its virtual driver conflicting with the nvidia drivers. Your 1907 is likely using a USB connection?
In chief goto preferences/Render/Video Card Status and paste a screenclipping here of what is shown there.
I would also unplug your USB monitor, reboot, then fire up chief and see if you have the same problem. 

48 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

This might be a problem with the 1907 and its virtual driver conflicting with the nvidia drivers. Your 1907 is likely using a USB connection?
In chief goto preferences/Render/Video Card Status and paste a screenclipping here of what is shown there.
I would also unplug your USB monitor, reboot, then fire up chief and see if you have the same problem. 

The 1907 is using a DVI to HDMI. The other is using a Display Port to a Mini Port (I think that is what it is called). They are both using the NVIDA card. The laptop is using Intel graphics. Oddly enough, I had them both unplugged and was working on my laptop. I just plugged them both  in again, and went back to chief and now it is working fine. Frustrating and unreliable.

• 2 weeks later...

On 8/24/2021 at 1:29 PM, Renerabbitt said:

Similar problem started with the cursor recently. Sho enuf NVIDIA released an update 8/31/2021. All better. Once again you da man Rene!

Also from past posts:

Removing the Sonic Radar Win 10 App only solved it for me, there was no need to remove Sonic Studio App or the " Nahimic Service"

which is needed for Sonic Studio to work, though some have reported they had to remove both the Sonic Apps to solve this.

(Sonic Radar is a 3D sound Source App for Gamers, which causes the Issue as it senses CA as a 3D game but CA does not have any Audio)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Nahimic Service is the Issue , it can be stopped in the Services App ( Service.msc in the Run Dialog)

and configured for manual start only or disabled, at least as a Test to see if your issue is indeed Nahimic.

I was having many problems with (2) monitors hooked to my new laptop a year ago. I disabled Nahimic and it solved everything. 

• 2 months later...

I had the exact same problem and I called tech support and they told me to shelf my connexon cad mouse and buy the cheapest wired mouse possible and admire my cad mouse from a distance  and the support person was really rude about and talked over me when I tried to explain what was going on.

I took his advice though and it works. I tried every possible setting on the Cad Mouse but nothing worked so I bought a cheap wired mouse and it works perfectly.  The support person: I am not mention names said all the people in the office use a cheap wired mouse. Go figure? I will address the rudeness on another occasion. I think we are all stupid to them. I didn't want to puff up like a barnyard rooster and mention my PhD so I just acted dumb so he would have a better day. Cheers....

David P

10 hours ago, payettedesigns said:

I had the exact same problem and I called tech support and they told me to shelf my connexion cad mouse and buy the cheapest wired mouse possible and admire my cad mouse from a distance  and the support person was really rude about and talked over me when I tried to explain what was going on.

I took his advice though and it works. I tried every possible setting on the Cad Mouse but nothing worked so I bought a cheap wired mouse and it works perfectly.  The support person: I am not mention names said all the people in the office use a cheap wired mouse. Go figure? I will address the rudeness on another occasion. I think we are all stupid to them. I didn't want to puff up like a barnyard rooster and mention my PhD so I just acted dumb so he would have a better day. Cheers....

David P

Ouch..... @CarrieS

I know there are some issues on Mac according to the Known Incompatibilites page ,  they did release new Drivers/software last month , but I guess that didn't Help? did you talk to them ? ........  I don't have one, I use a Elecom Huge Trackball, so I can't help much more sorry.....

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/products/known-incompatibilities.html

https://3dconnexion.com/us/drivers/

Forum posts

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/26353-workaround-for-issue-using-3dconnexion-mouse-in-multiple-versions-of-chief/?tab=comments#comment-211590

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/31845-3dconnextion-which-should-i-choose/?tab=comments#comment-250935