Looking for an icon

ericepv

I have a similar question. How can I include "original framed wall art" in a rendering. The company likes to display previous jobs they completed and I would like to fill in "wall frames" with their projects as an added touch. 

Just now, ericepv said:

A model of an object, what your library is full of.

For future reference, the pictures on the little buttons in your toolbar are icons.  We have all sorts of objects in the library.  We have Materials, CAD Blocks, Fill Styles, Text Boxes, Moldings, Style Pallets, Notes, various 3D Symbols, Architectural Blocks, etc.  We do not however have icons in the library.  When it comes to plants, there are at least 3 things you might be referring to...

1. A 2D Block for plan views
  2. A 3D Plant Symbol
  3. A Plant Image

Just now, ericepv said:

I've always referred to symbols as icons (as do many online libraries) I guess it's just what you're used to.:)

Okay... I believe that usage to be incorrect.  Regardless, I still don't know what you're looking for.  Perhaps you could pick one of the 3 options I mentioned?  If none of those fit the bill, maybe you could clarify further. 

Just now, ericepv said:

Call them what you like, they're still icons to me.

Okay, that's cool.  If you're not interested in trying to use some common terms that we all understand to promote clear communication or even willing to help clarify by answering a simple question then I'll leave you alone.  Best of luck to you.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

You're ask for a Symbol , not an Icon......and they are in the Chief Library already.....

image.thumb.png.f2a836cd25fc83eb70b9d00e31fe10c2.png

Sorry all, it seems like I opened up a hornet's nest with my terminology so 'symbol' it is. Kbird -  Thanks for you suggestion but what I need is cascading juniper, that spills over the wall as in this example:

383704365_CascadingBlueMatJuniper.jpg.83b13252978c29f0963c013e115da16f.jpg

2 hours ago, ericepv said:

I need is cascading juniper, that spills over the wall as in this example

Make the regular juniper plant larger and force it into the ground so the top is "cascading" over the rocks???

5 hours ago, ericepv said:

Sorry all, it seems like I opened up a hornet's nest with my terminology so 'symbol' it is.

There's no hornet's nest.  It's just that we're trying to communicate thoughts and ideas here and the words we use are important.  If we can't build off a common foundation then we can't communicate clearly.  As I pointed out earlier, you could have been referring to any number things:

An actual icon...

Icon.thumb.png.738df951c1b5cb774807d8c2135fa9c0.png

A 2D Plan Symbol (CAD Block)...

633223850_2DPlanSymbol.thumb.jpg.910100b44786dfee43b7645e028feac8.jpg

A Plant Image...

1550999464_PlantImage.thumb.png.7e607028c1f70cc20878fc15ff95c952.png

a 3D Plant Symbol

1507279290_3DPlantSymbol.thumb.png.9f24945408739ed8809c3212e2b5dfbd.png

Or even a Material...

Material.thumb.png.ef77f1d0e4e39ebcf4df71e15f929cd9.png

3 hours ago, rgardner said:

Make the regular juniper plant larger and force it into the ground so the top is "cascading" over the rocks???

I'm not sure what you mean by that.

1 hour ago, ericepv said:

I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Set it's height reference to Absolute instead of Terrain and you can bury part of it in the ground .... if needed behind the Retaining wall.

Mick.

16 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Set it's height reference to Absolute instead of Terrain and you can bury part of it in the ground .... if needed behind the Retaining wall.

Mick.

Thanks Mick, that worked pretty well.

- Eric