Pattern and texture synch? What am I missing here?

GeneDavis

Using wall coverings to decorate a bath just line Chief did in the Nashville design they used to showcase X13.

Did it with shiplap siding under subway tile, and the finished floor build of underlay, mud, and tile makes floor thickness 7/8".  A 6" baseboard sits atop floor, and to get the shiplap (6" pattern) to sit full board atop the baseboard, I adjusted the pattern y dimension to get what I needed.  Followed through with the subway tile.  See the images.

I checked for both materials, match pattern to texture.

Vector view gives me what I want, but not the 3D "normal view.2140906665_2021-07-2611_58_05-ChiefArchitectPremierX13.thumb.png.ddf1d5bf51d3dee3a031701ae70eb26f.png

2021-07-26 11_58_42-Chief Architect Premier X13.png

2021-07-26 12_01_12-Chief Architect Premier X13.png

2021-07-26 12_01_57-Chief Architect Premier X13.png

7 hours ago, rgardner said:

Vector view uses patterns, Normal view uses textures.

Gene got that ok....... but

8 hours ago, GeneDavis said:

checked for both materials, match pattern to texture.

This does not always work 100% of the time in my experience , just uncheck it and redo the Offsets for the texture....

2 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

checked for both materials, match pattern to texture.

Sorry I read that twice and did not see this.  Otherwise I would have mentioned the same as Mick did that sometimes a manually adjusted pattern size when it is manually adjusted in offset as well does not work to synchronize the pattern and texture.  It only seems to work if it’s the original ratio.

5 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

This does not always work 100% of the time in my experience

It keeps the Pattern and Texture in sync from the time the box is checked.  Meaning that they are both adjusted in the same way from that point forward.  If there is a 2" offset discrepancy from the start then there will always be a 2" discrepancy.  The key is to make sure the pattern and texture are in alignment before you check that box. 

Thank for the tip Michael.  I've chased my tail many times checking and unchecking that box! 

A side-by-side preview panel in the dialog box would be very helpful when syncing patterns and textures.  If we could review the adjustments in real time on a vector-standard preview panel, it would save a lot of time and frustration.  

Maybe the sync check box located at the top of the panel, gives one the idea to check that box before making adjustments.  If that check box moved to that preview panel it would be a much easier process.