Mirrored Glass Windows

winterdd

So, apparently, I learned something not to do. I am working a exterior rendering of an existing home with a lot of windows and don't want to see the inside of the home. I made all the glass "mirror" and it really bogged down my PC and it crashed several times. After changing it to a colored glass it went smooth again. Does mirror glass try and reflect too much on perspective views? My PC stays quiet but sounded overloaded with mirrored glass.

image.thumb.png.adbe32828acf24e928ee3bd4228b7d91.png

Yes reflections are quite a demanding rendering feature.  A few bathroom mirrors are one thing but all the exterior windows would be quite another.

Just like putting in 100 chandeliers with ridiculous face counts.  You could turn reflections off to work and just have it on for a couple of renders that are important.  Your video card is 8GB so it should do quite a bit for you.

6 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

Yes reflections are quite a demanding rendering feature.  A few bathroom mirrors are one thing but all the exterior windows would be quite another.

Just like putting in 100 chandeliers with ridiculous face counts.  You could turn reflections off to work and just have it on for a couple of renders that are important.  Your video card is 8GB so it should do quite a bit for you.

10-4......I am due for a PC upgrade this year and want to get a bad ass one, better than the one I have. The homes I am getting are more detailed and larger every day.