Any creative ideas for this outdated front of a house

DianeP

Not sure if this is the right category for this, but I have a remodel that I am trying to come up with a different version for the front elevation. The sides of the house have to look as attractive, as well.  I changed the rear of the house to the way they want it.  Does anyone see something else that I could do?  This is what I have so far.  They are open to having the deck closed in above the garage.  Only restriction is we can't go past the existing roof eves on the front.   Bump outs are fine, as are pergola type treatments.  Kind of burned out on it at the moment, so any ideas might get my creativity flowing again.  Thanks a bunch!!!

image.thumb.png.4077aba243cb9eec6dccfc9c5af21693.pngimage.thumb.png.3365cf721c13cc90ccdb2b0b0ef498b3.pngimage.thumb.png.6ded1461c5b14823482f8788d8dc6122.png 

4 minutes ago, DenisonDrywall said:

What if you just changed the color of the house or a different style of railing? or different kind of trim around the windows/doors?

All really good ideas that I think will work for the front of the house.  They just don't like the side elevations and I am not sure what to do to fix that. I think they would like more lines in it but it is just so odd looking and I am not sure what to do.  . 

what's the siding? looks like an EIFS or stucco?  Could you add in some curved or straight elements above the windows? a thicker element at top and maybe a sill at the bottom?  something like this:80+ Best Exterior Window Trim Ideas - Home Exterior Designs

flower boxes?

coins or corner boards at the corners?

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, ericepv said:

Have you tried posting your request on Houzz? Lot's of designers there.

Yes I put it on there yesterday.  They are primarily giving me landscaping ideas instead of something for the house.  

One of the biggest things going on in the panhandle of FL. (or so it seems) is multiple colors, types of sidings on each level.. all separated with a band.  Kinda breaks it up some too, instead of one long and tall wall.

Attached was a owners inspiration at the beginning of a project.. but once we got deeper with design, the multi colored look, broke up the blah. 

IMG_1150.jpg

frame grab 1.jpg

frame grab 2.JPG

• Like 1

On 7/22/2021 at 6:48 AM, DianeP said:

Does anyone see something else that I could do?

Is it limited to decorative attachments?  Can you add on?... perhaps a covered porch along the front?  
What is behind that blank 2nd story wall right in the middle?  Could a window go there?
Need more info... 

On 7/22/2021 at 8:48 AM, DianeP said:

This is what I have so far.

Diane, is that first picture (the colored photo) the actual house, or just one similar to the one you are working on? The actual house in the photo has several more windows on the side which helps tremendously. That may be what Mark was looking at as well.

• Like 1

You could add extended roof trim on the sides to make it more 'cape-like', and remove some of the lower pitched roof edges.  I usually do dormers with a 4" rake and the main roof with a 12".  It might not work if the side windows are remaining in place.

cape.thumb.png.6988068b059625f154cf3b7df8761e99.png

image.png

• Upvote 1

On 7/24/2021 at 7:18 AM, MoeGia said:

You could add extended roof trim on the sides to make it more 'cape-like', and remove some of the lower pitched roof edges.  I usually do dormers with a 4" rake and the main roof with a 12".  It might not work if the side windows are remaining in place.

cape.thumb.png.6988068b059625f154cf3b7df8761e99.png

image.png

Love these ideas,  Thanks a bunch!!!

Man, all of you are just absolutely awesome!!!!!  Thanks so much for taking time to help me on this.  After a refreshing weekend and your inspirations I have an idea of which way to go.  Hope everyone has a wonderful week!!!!!