Copy, Transfer or Import CA CAD Drawings from a prior Plan into my Current Plan?

DeltaHome

I am getting close to completing my construction drawings, but I have quite a lot of CAD drawings which I saved in a previous Plan file which do not exist in my Current Plan file.

None of the titles of Plan Management tutorial videos seem appropriate to this task.  The CAD Tools tutorial videos don't seem to address anything other than importing .DWG files into a CA Plan.

There must be a simple way to do this.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Hmmm...  I watched the Finding and Placing Library Objects tutoriial video and it did not say how to put stuff into the Library>User Catalog.

I Selected all the CAD Details Files I have in the older .plan file but couldn't find a Copy command to Paste the Files into either the Library or the Project Browser for the new .plan.

Are you saying that I need to open each CAD Detail File and Marquee its contents and Copy and Paste the contents of each file into a newly created CAD Detail File for the new .plan?

2 minutes ago, DeltaHome said:

Hmmm...  I watched the Finding and Placing Library Objects tutoriial video and it did not say how to put stuff into the Library>User Catalog.

I Selected all the CAD Details Files I have in the older .plan file but couldn't find a Copy command to Paste the Files into either the Library or the Project Browser for the new .plan.

Are you saying that I need to open each CAD Detail File and Marquee its contents and Copy and Paste the contents of each file into a newly created CAD Detail File for the new .plan?

Are you trying to put the cad details into your layout?  If so you can reference the other plan (For example I have a Cad detail stock plan to reference my cad details I use alot).  It doesn't have to be in the same plan as your model.  

If you are wanting something else perhaps you can explain more.

• Like 1

rgardner  Thank you.  You are correct, I am trying to put some of my CAD Details from my older .Plan into the .Layout of my current .Plan

And I think I know how to do that by opening up the CAD Details of the older .Plan and then sending them to the .Layout of the current plan.

But I want to tidy things up because I want to dropbox the newer .Plan file to a member here to train me on how to do the drop garage and drop entry porch slabs and I would him to have one tidy current .Plan file with the CAD Details in it, as well as the current .Layout file.

As I get a little more proficient with the program (for a newbie) I want to clean up and simplify my prior messes.

I am not a "bad man," just a "very bad CA wizard" . . .

25 minutes ago, DeltaHome said:

Yes that should work or cad block to place into the library.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DeltaHome said:

Don't know what cad block to place into the library is but will investigate.

Same thing, Marquee select everything in the cad detail and cad block then the place in library tool should show up on the toolbar when you reselect the cad block.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, DeltaHome said:

But I want to tidy things up because I want to dropbox the newer .Plan file to a member here to train me on how to do the drop garage and drop entry porch slabs and I would him to have one tidy current .Plan file with the CAD Details in it, as well as the current .Layout file.

SAME process as I said above.  At the end when you have it ready open your layout file (including the layout boxes from both plans) and use backup entire file (what you should do either way when sending to that person/trainer.)  This will compile everything needed including textures, plan files, and layout files into one backup folder.

• Like 1