Is there a way to "Lock" Saved Plan Views or to isolate them from changes to the General Plan?

DeltaHome

I like my Door, Window & Flood Vent Plan just the way it is.  But it has some manual point to point dimensions which I put in for my Electrical Plan.

When I delete the manual dimensions on my Door, Window & Flood Vent Plan they are also deleted on my Electrical Plan, which I don't want.

Is there a way to "Lock" Plan Views or to isolate them from the General Plan?

Or should I just save the Door, Window & Flood Vent Plan to CAD Detail (where I believe it will be isolated from changes on the General Plan and other plans) or send it to Layout to keep it from being changed.

I watched the great tutorial video on Saved Plans, but it did not address this question.

• DeltaHome changed the title to Is there a way to "Lock" Saved Plan Views or to isolate them from changes to the General Plan?

Sounds like your Electrical Dimensions are either ....not on the Electrical Dimensions Layer ? ( ie just on Manual dimension Layer? correct Default set if so)  or you have Electrical Dimensions Layer displayed in Door, Window and Vent Plan Views , though I am thinking it is the Former .

What is done with Dimensions , text etc should only show in that Plan View , you can lock ( never save option)  Plan Views so you can't "ruin them" accidently in the Plan View DBX, ( RC> Edit View) by answering yes when it offers to Save a Plan View ( not Plan )

• Like 1