Text size changing in CAD detail drawing.

KingsOwn

Since updating to X13 I have a problem with text size changing in my cad detail drawing.  For example, I am drawing a detail at 1:2 scale and at some point when I go to add new text the text default changes to 1:100 scale text (the default scale of my plan file).

Not 100% sure , but Normally in Chief you draw at 1:1 and then scale it, when it is Sent to Layout.

Not sure if they change something "under the hood" in X13 , which didn't throw the Issue up in X12.

Mick.

A couple of reasons spring to mind immediately.

It is easier just to draw objects at their correct real size without worrying about scale.

Easier to dimension.

It is easier to change the scale in if you need to.

In Plan , with Chief being a 3D Program EVERYTHING, is true to real world or "Life Sized" , and only once sent to Layout is anything "Scaled" ,

and as Glenn said it is just far easier to work Full Size , a lot of Details can be done with a Backclipped Cross Section for example, ie a typical Wall Cross Section, and then sent to a CAD detail , if needed for Cleanup, or left "Live"   ........lot less "hand drawing" that way.

Mick.

Wanting layout views of floor plans at 1/4" = 1'-0" scale, and text at 1/8" height, we enlarge text x48 to 6".

Thus, for a detail we want to show at 1" = 1'-0", text at same 1/8" height, we enlarge text x12 to 1-1/2".

Math.  Use it to create default sets for annotations at all your common details scales. 

Tell us how it works for you.